Windows build 1809 causing screen shearing.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
t-c

Windows build 1809 causing screen shearing.

Post by t-c »

Hi, I really hope someone can help.

Prior to windows build 1809 my pc ran brilliant, played P3D no problems, no screen sheering, zero problems. After letting windows download 1809, and followed with a reboot, everything looked fine on my monitor.
BUT load up P3D, and it’s almost having a corrupt driver installed, with black sheering and cutting the scene into bits. So I uninstalled the nvidea driver for my Titan Black, rebooted, reinstalled the driver and again the screen is being chopped to pieces. The refresh rate is 60hz on my 4K ASUS ROG monitor.

I have rolled back the windows build and stopped it re-downloading the news security patches and, but then, that’ll leave my pc at a risk.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do please?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Windows build 1809 causing screen shearing.

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

If you right click the Prepar3D.exe and go to Properties->Compatibility and check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option does this resolve the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
t-c

Post by t-c »

Thanks Rob, I’ll give that a go tomorrow as I have to be up at 0430, and post if that sorts it.

Thanks again Rob, have a good evening :)
Nathan
t-c

Post by t-c »

Hi Rob.
Sorry for the delay, I’ve been waiting for my PeD licence to be reactivated after I rolled back windows 1809.

I’ve only quickly had the sim running and using the ‘disable FullScreen optimisations.’ But will this evening as I have more time, thanks again for your help.