Problems with Thrustmaster TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
JonathanR1994

Problems with Thrustmaster TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Post by JonathanR1994 »

As part of the new ASUS 1TB Gaming PC I got for Christmas, the package included the aforementioned rudder pedal accessory. The main mistake I made, because I could not find where the instruction manual was, was to put the USB part of it into the PC while FSX was installed for trial purposes after a 2nd attempt. The TARGET software was not downloaded beforehand but it was downloaded a week ago 2 days after P3D was installed. I followed the exact instructions in the manual but still this did not fix the problem of the rudder pedals not only not working but the elevators and throttle(s) would go straight up to full. After contacting Thrustmaster about this, they told me I had to contact the developer (P3D) and see what i will have to do next. How can I fix the problem? Or do I have to get another set of rudder pedals?
FCXEVV

Re: Problems with Thrustmaster TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Post by FCXEVV »

Hi

I'd be tempted not to use Thrustmasters software, check the pedals can be setup OK in windows but then I'd advise using FSUIPC for calibrating and allocating to functions if you cannot get it to work with P3D's own controls setup.
If you do use FSUIPC, same as in FSX you disable them within FSX/P3D but then use FSUIPC for setting them up.

Your message reads to me as though you have chosen the wrong axis for your rudder pedals.

regards

Steve
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Problems with Thrustmaster TFRP T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

You'll also want to make sure that you have calibrated your device from within P3D via Options > Controls > Calibration > Calibrate Device. Also, as mentioned double-check your control axis assignments for your rudder pedals as they will not always correctly default to toe brakes or rudder axis.

If you are still having issues you may want to try switching the control input API method from Raw Input to DirectInput. This can be done via Options > Controls > Other.

Hope this helps!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.