Thrustmaster Warthog Setup

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
marcelbrabson

Thrustmaster Warthog Setup

Post by marcelbrabson »

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog FCS. But I'm having trouble setting it up in P3D V3. Can someone please tell me what to do Thanks
downscc

Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Setup

Post by downscc »

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, separate throttle and joystick controllers. Setup is easy, I don't use the software that comes with it, Target GUI, other than to turn off the LED lights on the throttle controller. P3D should detect the controllers if they are plugged in. Calibrate and assign each axis, and you can also assign buttons to commands such as trim or gear. The Learning Center is a good resource for beginners.
Dan Downs
KCRP
HeloCFII

Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Setup

Post by HeloCFII »

I found two ways. First go into options/controls. Select the Thrustmaster throttle from the pull down menu. Find engine one throttle from the list and assign it to the left throttle. Then find engine 2 throttle and assign it to the right throttle. If there are any other throttle assignments delete them. Then calibrate them. The other way (and if you have any Aerosoft add-ons, its the only way I can get my throttles to work) is to use FSUIPC. Make sure you get the latest version for P3Dv4. Delete any throttle assignment in the P3D Options/controls menu. Then assign and calibrate them with FSUIPC. If you are flying the Aerosoft CRJ go to the options page of the weight and balance editor and select throttle without thrust reverser. Do not use the Thrustmaster target software for anything, it may set up the calibration incorrectly for P3Dv4 and you have to go to the registry to correct it.