Joystick and throttle button assignments problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
shufordsc

Joystick and throttle button assignments problem

Post by shufordsc »

P3D v4.2 is not saving my joystick and throttle button assignments, I have to load these from a saved file at the beginning of each session which is pain in the neck if you forget to do it.

Everything was fine, and then a few days ago the custom button assignments all disappeared. Anyone know what might cause this, and/or a possible fix...??
shufordsc

Re: Joystick and throttle button assignments problem

Post by shufordsc »

If anyone should run in to the issue described above, try running P3D as Administrator, that fixed the problem for me.

Since original installation of P3D v4.2 about 2 months ago, I have never run it as Admin and everything worked fine, button assignments were always saved with no problem, but after a recent Windows 10 update that all changed and every time I would exit the program my button assignments would disappear and have to be re-loaded from a saved file at the start of each session.

Unless you set your PC up to never install Windows updates, which is not recommended because important security features are included in many of them, they can wreak all sorts of havoc with your installed applications. The problem above with the recent Windows 10 update on my system is just one example, and I had several other apps that started behaving strangely right after this update, so if your Windows updates, and things start acting up, the update would be the prime suspect.