Loss of rudder control returns on aircraft refresh

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
danielh908

Loss of rudder control returns on aircraft refresh

Post by danielh908 »

Hello,

I'm having a problem where, typically, after 20 minutes of flight when I go to land I have no rudder control. I've seen this question posted elsewhere on the forums, but I believe my situation is unusual in that if I refresh the aircraft, I get control back. I've checked for conflicts with bindings both in Prepar3d and FSUIPC and there are none that I can find. Further, it seems like any settings conflicts would not go away after a refresh. I've had the problem with both the default aircraft and my add ons. This started happening recently and the only change I"ve made is the addition of FTX Global. Does anyone have any ideas?
downscc

Re: Loss of rudder control returns on aircraft refresh

Post by downscc »

In this case knowing what your OS is would help. Not having full information my guess is that you need to carefully look at the USB ports to ensure they do not power down to conserve power.
Dan Downs
KCRP
jabloomf1230

Re: Loss of rudder control returns on aircraft refresh

Post by jabloomf1230 »

This problem has been noted both here and in a number of other flightsim forums. It is not really a problem with P3d, but rather a problem in the way that various 3rd party complex aircraft inherit information stored in a previously saved P3d scenario file. Try starting P3d with the default scenario and default aircraft. Then change to your complex aircraft. If that works with no loss of rudder control, you've worked around the problem. If you want to start the flight somewhere else, in addition load a previously saved flight plan file (PLN) and answer yes to moving the aircraft to the destination airport.

Else, as Dan wrote above, you may have some other issue with your hardware, as you stated that you have seen the problem with default scenario and aircraft.