Yoke being recognized, but not the movements

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jacksong95

Yoke being recognized, but not the movements

Post by jacksong95 »

Hello all,
I have recently gotten Prepar3d Version 4.2 from an upgrade from FSX and its everything I could have imagined. Everything was working great until about a week ago when I was starting a flight and my yoke and throttle (Thrustmaster HOTAS I) would not work. I checked the calibration and it was being recognized by the sim that it is plugged in, just the movements were not being shown. Am I missing something?

Windows 10
Prepar3d v 4.2
Thrustmaster HOTAS 1

Thanks!
whiskylima

Re: Yoke being recognized, but not the movements

Post by whiskylima »

I had a similar problem when going from Prepar3d v4.1 to 4.2 in that the hat switch would not work properly. I found a post suggesting looking in the Prepar3d files for an item labelled "Delete generated files". Open this and click on "Run as administrator". This solved my particular issue, hope it helps you.
downscc

Post by downscc »

jacksong95 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 pm Hello all,
I have recently gotten Prepar3d Version 4.2 from an upgrade from FSX and its everything I could have imagined. Everything was working great until about a week ago when I was starting a flight and my yoke and throttle (Thrustmaster HOTAS I) would not work. I checked the calibration and it was being recognized by the sim that it is plugged in, just the movements were not being shown. Am I missing something?

Windows 10
Prepar3d v 4.2
Thrustmaster HOTAS 1

Thanks!
You could be missing something. You didn't mention that you assigned the axis in the P3D Controls UI. One might be checking calibration in 3rd party software, FSUIPC or P3D and you were not clear on exactly how you did that.
Dan Downs
KCRP
jacksong95

Post by jacksong95 »

downscc wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm You could be missing something. You didn't mention that you assigned the axis in the P3D Controls UI. One might be checking calibration in 3rd party software, FSUIPC or P3D and you were not clear on exactly how you did that.
Yea let me give a little more detail. When this problem first came around, I tried to see if Windows was picking up the movements. Everything was just fine there. I then tried to calibrate the yoke in P3D's menu. That was not working. My pedals are working just fine. I also only have the free version of FSUIPC.
Last edited by Rob McCarthy on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: malformed quote
downscc

Post by downscc »

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. The only thing I do for setup is plug them in. Start P3D. Go to Controls UI and select AXIS. I then assign each throttle and the slider with Throttle controller selected, pitch and roll with Joystick controller selected and then calibrate each after they have been assigned.
Dan Downs
KCRP