Control Mappings Change..,Have it Reset with Each A/C Change

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
machtoo

Control Mappings Change..,Have it Reset with Each A/C Change

Post by machtoo »

I may be missing something but every time I startup P3D V4.2 I have to set the control mappings. I did set them up and save a profile xml finally but with every aircraft change I have to re-import the mapping file/profile again. Is there anyway to set a default control map/profile and have it load on start up and keep it active for every a/c?
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
aeronauta

Re: Control Mappings Change..,Have it Reset with Each A/C Change

Post by aeronauta »

If what you want is a different mapping profile for each aircraft , that is not possible with P3D. The settings are just one , as you may be doing exporting settings for each aircraft is the solution , and you have to import the setting for each AC as required.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
machtoo

Re: Control Mappings Change..,Have it Reset with Each A/C Change

Post by machtoo »

Just the opposite...I want P3D V4 to retain the settings once I map them. Each time I change aircraft in the sim the control settings return to default. Same symptom once P3D V4 is closed. Next start you have to remap the controls. Seems to be the axis settings. Best I can tell the button mappings seem to be retained...but the axis settings are lost.

It is as if they are not being written to the controls xml file.
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU