[RESOLVED] New Customer: Problem with Joystick controls

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
lowji

[RESOLVED] New Customer: Problem with Joystick controls

Post by lowji »

Hi there,

I decided to buy prepar3d on the day version 4.2 coming out. Installing, activation was no problem.
But then I realise that I cannot move the aircraft to left or right. (default aircraft and pmdg747).
I have calibrate my joystick it moves in any directions, the rudders go up and down, right and left,
the yokes in the aircrafts too. But the wheels go straight ahead making no turns.

Any Ideas to solve this problem?

Greetings
Roger
lowji

Re: New Customer: Problem with Joystick controls

Post by lowji »

Hi,

Problem solved (Enabled Autorudder)

Roger
lawlegge

Re: New Customer: Problem with Joystick controls

Post by lawlegge »

Enabling auto-rudder seems to be merely a work around as opposed to solving the issue...

This may be related to your problem...

Back in v4 (possibly v3-can't remember), there was a bug in P3D that affected A2A planes and/or EzDok. Reason - they both use a similar method to detect fuselage shake. It would render turning while taxiing mostly useless. Rudder worked, front wheel steered but little or no turn. Then it was a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake" in either of the 3rd party addons. Then LM fixed it in an update and we could again use "Fuselage Shake".

But...it came back in this version. And, again, it is a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake". I suspect LM will have to re-fix this re-issue...