Mouse arrow/pointer causing stutters/freezes in VC v4.1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
sthenion

Mouse arrow/pointer causing stutters/freezes in VC v4.1

Post by sthenion »

Hello
I cant say how far back this goes but I think it started with v4? While hovering the mouse arrow over some switches and knobs in the VC and or by clicking on switches/knobs in the VC it causes the sim to stutter/freeze for a fraction of a second. I haven't been too concerned with it until now as I have been busy building and tuning v4 and now v4.1 with add ons. I only use add on aircraft and I have Orbx scenery, however I dont think Orbx has anything to do with because it occurred before I added Orbx. Im not really motivated to remove all of my add ons to see if one of those is the problem as some have suggested...way too much work and I dont think that is the issue. It happens with every add on aircraft I have. I recently got a new wireless keyboard and mouse hoping that might fix it, but it didn't. As a marker I can say that this does not happen in X-Plane 11. I've been trying to search for other posts with this issue and did find an instance on another site where it was suggested to remove and reinstall one add on at a time to see if a particular add on is the culprit (not interested in doing that yet), they also mentioned deleting the CGF file and letting it rebuild and adding FSUIPC 5. I have done that and it still occurs. I believe it is some kind of conflict or bug related to P3D v4.1? Has anyone else seen this and comment on it?
Thanks
jabloomf1230

Re: Mouse arrow/pointer causing stutters/freezes in VC v4.1

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Yes I reported it to LM on this forum about a month ago, but apparently they can't reproduce it. My speculation was that either Mouse Look or Mouse Yoke can't be completely disabled.
sthenion

Post by sthenion »

Interesting. Hopefully we can find a fix. It is tolerable but annoying.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

There are a few more threads both here and other flight sim sites about this. The culprits appear to be specific 3rd party aircraft.
sthenion

Post by sthenion »

That would be disappointing. I might start uninstalling and reinstalling them one at a time too see if I get a hit
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

There's another active thread here with an intermittent fps drop while moving 2D panels around with the mouse.
Mrdudez

Post by Mrdudez »

any solution for this? Pretty annoying specially when flying online
Mrdudez

Post by Mrdudez »

Found this here on forums

viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=127191

Just reinstalled as described on the above link, 1st run with micro freezes and addon scenery errors, did the FTX Vectors fix. Addon scenery ok, all that i tried so far. Still small/micro freezes but no more right click freezes, also, so far.
I really hope this fixes this bug... im going nutz with this. Will keep updating.

If anyone has a final fix, please reply