Redbird Hardware

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jsenft

Redbird Hardware

Post by jsenft »

I recently purchased Redbird RD1, YK1, and TH1 and I am trying to get them working with Prepar3d V4. I ran through the configuration of each of the controllers as described in the Redbird Documentation. There is some functionality within Prpar3d however not all controls are working correctly. Example: the throttle doesn't work within the software. The Microsoft Windows configuration of the throttle was fine, just doesn't work inside the software.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Redbird Hardware

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello jsenft,

Can you try switching the control API from Raw Input to Direct Input? This can be done via Settings > Controls > Other.
Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
CSTalbot

Post by CSTalbot »

I am having the same problem. Have Windows 10, P3D V3, Redbird YK1, RD1, which have bee working fine, but just added TH1. All controls calibrate fine, but TH1 controls map to X, Y, Z axes, duplicating the controls from the yoke. I've tried to change the control allocation from Settings / Controls / Buttons and Keys, selecting Redbird Ally TH1 under Controller Type, but cannot figure out how to get the throttle, prop, and mixture sliders allocated to appropriate axes. The gear up / down control is successfully mapped to buttons 1 and 2, and allocated to the gear up/down command, and the flap control is successfully mapped to buttons 3 and 4, and allocated to flaps extend / retract commands.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi CSTalbot,

Axis assignment is done in a different section section of the UI then Buttons and Keys:

Settings > Controls > Axis Assignments

Its possible you just need to reassign the default values. Rudder pedals sometimes have to do the same to reassign X/Y to Toe Brakes for example.

Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.