[RESOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
villaloha

[RESOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB

Post by villaloha »

Hi! I have been trying to figure why P3D v4 won't open KJFK with FSDreamTeam. I contacted FSDT and he said it has something to do with my video card.

I set to Maximum Performance but it does not change anything.

I tried to find "configure your video card" on here but I could not find. If there is, I must have overlooked and please provide the link where I can configure my video card.

I have 24 GB ram memory and 5 TB hard drive. It is new computer.
Thanks.
ronh991

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB

Post by ronh991 »

Does your computer have two kinds of video cards. ie. intel one on the motherboard and an additional NVidia one added?

Make sure the proper video card is selected in the display setup of P3D. Mine had intel selected, when it should have been NVidia
Ron
villaloha

Post by villaloha »

It is already selected to my NVIDIA 1050. How can I attach a photo on here?
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

use an image share service like imgur.com or photobucket. what is the error? did you turn down other display params? Does it need other params set to max/ultra to work? I don't have JFK so can't really help.
Ron
villaloha

Post by villaloha »

FINALLY it is working now!! For hours, I kept modifying my video card. What a headache. Now everything is working great.

Only one simple question: how can I move my FSX aircrafts into P3D? I have spent a lot of money having a guy in Italy to re-paint my 10 planes to my favorite no-longer exist Airlines. I do not want to lose those planes. :'(
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

I'm locking this thread due to the original issue being solved. Please use a new post for different topics. As far as getting legacy aircraft to work in v4 there have been many posts concerning this already. Aircraft will tend to work unless they have a .dll or .gau associated with them. In this case all features controlled by this will not work unless the source is recompiled by the developer.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead