Plan-G and simconnect.xml

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Timmy74

Plan-G and simconnect.xml

Post by Timmy74 »

Hello Fellow members,

I have an issue...? I am trying to connect Plan-G (through my network) to my P3Dv3.4 but she will not connect?

My FSX works fine with Plan-G but when I go to look for my "simconnect.xml" file to read the I.P. ( to see if it is the same as FSX) I cannot find it anywhere...!?

Where would I find my copy of simconnect.xml for P3Dv3.4?

I know FSX is kept in C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. But where would I find my copy of simconnect.xml for P3Dv3.4?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim.
MHargrove

Re: Plan-G and simconnect.xml

Post by MHargrove »

There are a few different things going on here. First, simconnect itself is not installed by default on a new installation of Prepar3D -- the simulator doesn't need it to run. They have provided a bunch of installers for different versions of simconnect, though. You can find those installers in <P3D installation root>\redist\Interface, and then select the folder that contains the version you want (if you're not sure, it's probable that the latest version in "FSX-SP2-XPACK" will work). Open that folder, navigate to 'retail/lib' and run the SimConnect.msi installer.

Second, there is no default version of SimConnect.xml. Copy the version you have that works in FSX over to your new installation of P3D and place it in the %AppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder (i.e., the same essential location that you'll find your FSX copy).

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
Timmy74

Re: Plan-G and simconnect.xml

Post by Timmy74 »

Thank you very much Mark.

I took your advice and just copied my FSX version over and Plan-G now works on the other computer.

Much appreciated,
Tim.