[RESOLVED] P3D Won't Default to my GPU

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jackevans

[RESOLVED] P3D Won't Default to my GPU

Post by jackevans »

I am running P3D on a build that employs two GTX 1080 graphics cards. Up until recently, I have been running P3D with everything maxed out and have been getting extremely good performance with frames per second in the 60's and 70's. I have just encountered a problem in that I am getting very poor FPS (9 to 15). In the Graphics settings, it seems that my display defaults to my CPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530. When I attempt to select the NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 1080 -- it will not be saved. It constantly defaults to the CPU. Is there another way to set the default graphics device? Thanks
aeronauta

Re: P3D Won't Default to my GPU

Post by aeronauta »

You would need to disable your CPU graphics in the bios..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
jackevans

Re: P3D Won't Default to my GPU

Post by jackevans »

Thanks very much Jorge. Your response led me to check my NVIDIA Control Panel where I specified P3D under program settings. That did the trick and I'm back up and running on the GPU's. Thanks again.