Re: Possible memory leak (OOM) NEW

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Bajszi

Possible memory leak (OOM) NEW

Post by Bajszi »

Hey,

I searched for this problem and found a post, but it is solved and it was a long time ago so I decided to open a new one.

I just built a pc for Prepar3D. I just switched to this sim. I'm also a real pilot with instrument rating hence I needed a better sim than the FSX. My rig is an i5-7600K@5GHz, Asus 1060GTX with 6GB, 16GB GSkills on a Z170 Asus board. I have orbx scenery, Active Sky 2016 and apps feeding ForeFlight and FltPlnGO plus lots of add-on planes.

I turned up the settings, but still usually getting around 30-40fps on 2 screens running on 1080. One only has some undocked instrument.

What I've noticed so far is that once my memory usage hits 6.0-6.1GB, that's when I get the OOM error message and P3D quits. Sometimes happened after 20min, sometimes after 1 hour, but always at 6GB. My windows normally runs on 2GB (I only use this pc for the sim). Is it coincidence that once P3D reached the 4GB mark, that's when it happens? I'm running a 64bit Win10Pro so memory addressing shouldn't be the problem I believe.

I'm testing the sim on default settings now and curious when the OOM will happen. It's creeping up much slower to 6GB but it's still going up bit by bit. I'll post again once I have a timeframe for default settings OOM.

Thanks,
Bajszi
Fervex

Post by Fervex »

Bajszi

Post by Bajszi »

Thanks for the reply Fervex!

I spent a few hours on this forum last night and reading on this memory error due to the 3gb memory cap from 32 bit system. I did encounter the issue on default settings too, but only after a 2.5hr flight in cloudy conditions.

Thanks,
Bajszi