[RESOLVED] Two Monitor Set Up Causes Crash

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
pbacik

[RESOLVED] Two Monitor Set Up Causes Crash

Post by pbacik »

I have two monitors that I use on my computer that exceeds the system requirements for P3D v3 and v2. My main monitor is connected to my EVGA 650Ti Boost and that is the GPU that I run P3D on. On my second monitor, its connected to my motherboard and I have Intel HD Graphics turned on. When I boot P3D with the Intel HD Graphics enabled (not even running P3D on this card, just to the side), P3D crashes on start up. It will attempt to load the sim and will crash about halfway through. However, when I disable Intel HD Graphics everything works smoothly. I experience this on both v2 and v3. I'd appreciate any help if someone could help me resolve this issue I've had forever now! Thanks in advance
lawlegge

Re: Two Monitor Set Up Causes Crash

Post by lawlegge »

You simply can't run BOTH motherboard and video card graphics at the same time. Unfortunately it's one or the other. With a card like that, why are you using you're motherboard graphics at all? Get both monitors on the 650Ti , disable onboard graphics in your BIOS and reap the benefits...
daniloraisi

Post by daniloraisi »

Is P3D stating in which monitor the one connected to 650Ti or HD Graphics?

If you get P3D on the second monitor, connected to HD Graphics, probably you will face some problems due to processing capacity of integrated graphics.

You cannot get one window at 650Ti and another (for the same application) at HD Graphics.
Best regards,
Danilo Raisi (SBSP)

---------------
Win10 64bit, Dell Inspiron 15 5548, i7 @ 4x2,80GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB (1x 1366x768), 1x SSD 480GB, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, P3Dv3.1
pbacik

Post by pbacik »

That makes sense, thanks! The reason I was using the Intel graphics was because my second monitor only has a VGA port. I'll just buy an adapter