Multi-Monitor flickering and dxi access denied error when trying to undock a panel

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
draci

Multi-Monitor flickering and dxi access denied error when trying to undock a panel

Post by draci »

Just installed P3Dv5 in a 3 monitor setup with an Nvidia2080Ti. The additional monitors are supposed to show undocked panels. Unfortunately the PMDG QOSII does not provide any predefined panels, so I'd like to create P3d camera views of some panels, undock them and drag them to the touch screens. I also use EZDOK3 for camera support. Unfortunately, whenever I create a view and try to undock it, I get a "dxi access denied" error and P3dv5 freezes. Additionally when trying to set up the EZDOK outside views of the QOSII my monitors start flickering and intermittently turns black for a second or two. Unfortunately, when installing P3D I made the stupid mistake not to point the installer to a location outside of the Program Files folder but before reinstalling everything (Orbx FTX, Pilots mesh, complex PMDG aircraft) which took me hours to download I would like to get some advice whether this is really a permission issue related to the Program Files Folder or whether I'm missing some necessary multi monitor settings or a GPU driver issue . Any help or clarification on the matter is appreciated,

best regards
draci