Abysmal loading times p3dv4.5

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
rubster

Abysmal loading times p3dv4.5

Post by rubster »

Hi I did a new installation of full p3dv 4.5. Only the configs etc are a heritage from 4.4.
But more then in 4.4, 4.5 has abysmal loading times. First when you fire up p3d before entering the scenario selector. Then in the vehicle selector it's so slow at loading. And then the most anoying the 6% bug is even worse then in 4.4.
I'm waiting more then 10 minutes before it's past 6%. In task manager you see the memory slowly creeping up. So it's loading something. Depending on the airplane selected it will be longer waiting times.
It seems like a combination between an airport scenery and ORBX.

With every new version this is getting worse and worse. I am on a m.2 drive.

I hope LM has a fix or can point me to a fix because watching paint dry is never fun.
Martyson

Re: Abysmal loading times p3dv4.5

Post by Martyson »

rubster wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:51 am Hi I did a new installation of full p3dv 4.5. Only the configs etc are a heritage from 4.4.
But more then in 4.4, 4.5 has abysmal loading times. First when you fire up p3d before entering the scenario selector. Then in the vehicle selector it's so slow at loading. And then the most anoying the 6% bug is even worse then in 4.4.
I'm waiting more then 10 minutes before it's past 6%. In task manager you see the memory slowly creeping up. So it's loading something. Depending on the airplane selected it will be longer waiting times.

I hope LM has a fix or can point me to a fix because watching paint dry is never fun.
I double click the P3D icon on my desktop to start P3Dv4.5 and 55 seconds later I am in the P3D default (flight) F22 at KDTW on my setup.

Nothing wrong with P3Dv4.5.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

rubster wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:51 am Hi I did a new installation of full p3dv 4.5. Only the configs etc are a heritage from 4.4.

Can you post your current hardware? We have seem issues with users having old CPU's that do not have AVX2 microcode available.

Please see this topic for more information: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=133133

Try to use this solution provided by kayla to see if it helps:
Hello all,

Could you try to add the following entry to your Prepar3D.cfg?

In the [STARTUP] section:

LoadVirtualReality = 0

If there is no [STARTUP] section, you can create one and just paste the following to the end of your config:

[STARTUP]
LoadVirtualReality = 0

Thanks,
Kayla
Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
rubster

Post by rubster »

I think it has mostly to do with the ORBX True Earth scenery and loading of big airports (FlyTampa Amsterdam)
This is also mentioned in the threads about low fps.
If I load in from EHAM with True Earth NL then I can load in then shower for 15 mins and it's still not loaded.
Today I loaded in at ENGM and it was a lot faster even though I have Aerosoft Oslo and Norwegian Region of Orbx.
With the regions and True earth I experience also lower fps.

I have an Intel I7 7820X CPU (3,60GHZ)
WIn 10
GTX 1080TI
32 gig of memory
Samsung 960 Pro SSD (prepar3d is running on this super fast SSD)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

rubster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 am I think it has mostly to do with the ORBX True Earth scenery and loading of big airports (FlyTampa Amsterdam)
This is also mentioned in the threads about low fps.
If I load in from EHAM with True Earth NL then I can load in then shower for 15 mins and it's still not loaded.
Today I loaded in at ENGM and it was a lot faster even though I have Aerosoft Oslo and Norwegian Region of Orbx.
With the regions and True earth I experience also lower fps.

I have an Intel I7 7820X CPU (3,60GHZ)
WIn 10
GTX 1080TI
32 gig of memory
Samsung 960 Pro SSD (prepar3d is running on this super fast SSD)
You did not previously mention that (your background/products/setup) information in your initial post?

I do not have ORBX True Earth scenery or FlyTampa Amsterdam but I suspect you are correct with it causing your problem.
Have you checked with the payware developers?

Note:
No problems to report with P3Dv4.5 on my setup.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
some1

Post by some1 »

This may be an old news, but I experienced the same issue yesterday and it turns out the problem is the latest update to TE Netherlands. After disabling greenhouse, shed and windmills (possibly just shed) in ORBX control panel, the loading times are back when they should.

It also fixed the blurries I suddenly started to experience over Netherlands even on P3D 4.4.
Michal Krawczyk
A2A simulations