Over Bright Patches in Terrain

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
rockliffe

Over Bright Patches in Terrain

Post by rockliffe »

Since upgrading to V4.4, I am experiencing an issue where some areas of terrain, primarily photoscenery are over exposed and bright areas of ground textures and 'blown out', too white. Initially I thought it was Envshade, but after uninstalling it and rebuilding the default shader, the issue remains. I have done a reinstall of the client but with little joy. This has got me flummoxed and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rockliffe

Re: Over Bright Patches in Terrain

Post by rockliffe »

Anyone?
ananda

Post by ananda »

What do the photo-textures look like in TmfViewer?
rockliffe

Post by rockliffe »

ananda wrote:What do the photo-textures look like in TmfViewer?
Hi Amanda. What is TmfViewer?
ananda

Post by ananda »

Part of the SDK.
rockliffe

Post by rockliffe »

ananda wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am Part of the SDK.
I'm at a loss what you mean ananda. I don't understand why the SDK would be of any interest to me? Cheers.
ananda

Post by ananda »

OK.
rockliffe

Post by rockliffe »

Thanks
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello rockliffe,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Specifically 5 and 6.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
rockliffe

Post by rockliffe »

Brady Butler wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm Hello rockliffe,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Specifically 5 and 6.

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Thanks Brady, but as I originally mentioned, this is apparent following a complete reinstall of P3D with no third party
shaders, nothing. It happens on all photosceneries from diffferent developers. It's also apparent on freeware photosceneries too. I started a thread over on Avsim, perhaps you could drop by and see the thread. I'm unsure about the politics of posting a direct link here, but the title of my post is 'Over Exposed Textures' and it's in the P3d forum. There are others who have reported the same, and more than just one or two. I've read other posts around the forums too. Clearly there seems to be an issue within P3D v4.4 and v4.5, if it wasn't the case, then I would question why has it not been apparent in all versions, as it has only started from v4.4 onwards, possibly v4.3 I can't say for certain, but definitely v4.4 and v4.5. It is deeply frustrating and I am getting particularly annoyed at getting nowhere with this issue. One of the reasons behind me doing a full reinstall, was to hopefully eradicate this problem. With 150 addons it is a bitter pill to swallow discovering that the problem is still present! I would ask, what has changed with the shaders, or the way the shaders influence the graphics, from version v4.3 to v4.5? I'd like to make my issue a formal request for support, as clearly something needs to be done to address this problem. Is this thread enough or should I start another thread or support ticket? Thank you for your help.

PS: I have just realised you are replying to a post of mine back in Jnauary! I have posted on someone else's thread this week ,on this forum, could I suggest, if you have not already done so, to visit the thread as there are others with the same issue and I have posted some more screenies that continue to show the issue. Thanks. https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29#p203829
rockliffe

Post by rockliffe »

Brady Butler wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm Hello rockliffe,

Regards,
Brady
Hi Brady, have you had time to consider my last post? I'm anxious to get this problem resolved. Thanks.