New PC bad perfomance

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
garyeikoow

New PC bad perfomance

Post by garyeikoow »

Hi. i have a new pc for p3dv4 but is running bad fps

SPECS:

i7 8700 non K

Aorus gtx 1080ti 11GB

16GB RAM

SSD 580GB

Asus Prime H370M plus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

game settings: Medium-High

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami airport, REX 4 direct, REX4 HD airport, Envtex, all ORBX global/general addons, freeMESH. Ultimate traffic live Flight1.

Miami + 787-8QW and im running at 20fps/prod... with default aicraft i can get 30fps/prod...

In medium-high altitude i can get more than 50/60 fps /prod

Im doing something wrong ? i delete shaders + prepar3d.cfg without better results... i tried affinityMask and other settings and nothing...

ty for your time... need rly help here!
downscc

Re: New PC bad perfomance

Post by downscc »

Why do you think 30 fps is "bad?"

As long as the animation is smooth then frame rate does not count and in flight simulation, unlike some shooter games, it is not a measure of quality.

I get best over all results running with a locked frame rate of 24 fps, so I'm not feeling your pain here.
Dan Downs
KCRP
BLB

Re: New PC bad perfomance

Post by BLB »

I found that the Vsinc option did drastically drop the fps, test without this, I turn under I7 3770 + GTX 970 and in miami and with A350 Xwb 1000 I m between 18 and 20 fps, with B58 I m between 20 and 22 fps, have you define your Jobscheduleur in your p3d.cfg ?? with my 3770 I put
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=131328

it depends of the number of core Physical and Hyper-threading

you can calculate it here
http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitym ... m=utilties
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr