Wrong P3D handling of New windows/Instrumental Panels

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Phillip2

Wrong P3D handling of New windows/Instrumental Panels

Post by Phillip2 »

Hi There

My hardware setup consists of several monitors connected through 2 AMD Radeon graphic cards on a windows 7, 64 system. The monitors are all expanded to the main monitors desktop. Which means that when ever I'm in Fullscreen mode all the monitors are included and directly accessible - that is however the case in FSX but NOT in P3Dv4.2!

I fly PMDG 777-200 for both FSX and P3Dv4.2

In FSX Fullscreen Virtual Cockpit mode I use to drag Instrumental Panels to another monitors right away WITHOUT the need of choosing Undock Window.

In my P3Dv4.2 however, I'm ONLY able to drag Instrumental Panels to another monitor if I first chose to undock this particular instrumental panel window.
Now, under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem for me at all. But the problem here is, that if I do this in P3Dv4.2 the overall framerates are cut in half which makes it impossible for me to fly!

I would be most grateful if you could correct this annoying problem as soon as possible - or alternatively give me a temporary workaround as for instance a tip on which of your *.cfg files I could edit in order to get things working.
Phillip
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX2080 Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.3 ASP/ASCA ProATC/X UTLive
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Wrong P3D handling of New windows/Instrumental Panels

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Phillip2,

Do you have GPU overclocking/monitoring software?

Some user-found solutions can be found in the threads below, though these may be threads and suggestions you've already tried:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 67#p175067
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&start=15
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=60

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Hi Brandy

Thanks indeed for your quick answer!

It seems that this LM issue apparently has gone viral throughout the net for years and month...!
Regarding your question if I use overclocking GPU/monitoring software, the answer is NO. For monitoring software I've already turned OFF any imaginable task both inside the graphic card settings, in the taskmanager and in the computer administration - I have tried everything, every day, through a month now, NOTHING resolves the issue. Left is woodo and sticking pins into dolls..

I hate to criticize LM after all what you've done to make this simulator simply outstanding in any other way, but I must admit that I really can't figure out why LM haven't yet changed their configuration to solve this annoying issue. LM seems to ignore the issue and instead choose to let customers uninstalling and stop services for all kind of software that might, or might not have an influence to the fact that FPS are cut in half because of a bug in LM.
All along FSX works fine without this issue - no need here to undock windows in order to drag panels to another monitor and without any FPS obstacles - even if one choose to undock panels it makes no difference anyway! (Only the well known VAS/32 bit issue stop me for going back to FSX these days)

Cant see why it wouldn't be possible for LM to simply just adopt specific configuration settings concerning this particular issue from FSX into LM and get things running as expected?

Again as mentioned earlier, as it is I'm not able to use LM under these conditions and would therefore much appreciate if LM could send me a PM in order to make it possible for me to do temporally edit whatever specific LM cfg.file here and now, until LM comes up with an official hotfix.
Cross fingers...

Kind regards,
Phillip
Phillip
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX2080 Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.3 ASP/ASCA ProATC/X UTLive
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Hi Brandy

I would much appreciate some further comments from you on this subject.

Thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Phillip
Phillip
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

How many monitors are you using? What happens if you plug them all into the same GPU?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Hi Brandy

Thanks for your response.

Basically I'm using 4 monitors distributed through 2 AMD Radeon R7 370 graphic cards. The monitors are then assembled through Eyefinity to 1 common desktop via the AMD Radeon settings.
What happens if you plug them all into the same GPU?
Then the problem won't be present, however this is not relevant and not an option in this case.
Maybe you don't understand what the problem is really about because I haven't made myself clear...

The problem is that P3Dv4 won't FULLY recognize all 4 monitors in fullscreen mode as one single desktop when distributed across 2 graphic cards. This means that one is forced to undock new windows/Instrumental windows in order to drag the windows to other monitors that are connected to graphic card No.2. The undoked windows then causes severe FPS drops - cutting overall FPS into half of the normal amount.

As I mentioned earlier FSX do NOT have this issue on the current exact same setup - here you do NOT need to undock windows in fullscreen mode in order to drag them to another monitor connected to card No.2. Furthermore, if you choose to undock the windows it won't cause any FPS drop at all.

In other words, it would be much appreciated if LM, once and for all, would look into this issue and correct whatever wrong P3D configuration causes this severe abnormality.

Regards,
Phillip
Phillip
Phillip2

Post by Phillip2 »

Please comment. Are you working on the issue or not?!
The issue is still not solved with new version P3Dv4.3
Phillip