[RESOLVED] V.4.2 Cockpit

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Plainsman

[RESOLVED] V.4.2 Cockpit

Post by Plainsman »

It is not my imagination. In V3.4, I could tap the "minus" key while inside the cockpit and my view would push back from the yoke and dashboard. The "plus" key would pull close again. It worked the same way outside the plane view.

In V4.2, it works for outside the plane view, but inside the cockpit it is another story. Am I just crazy? I can't get the initial inside the cockpit view to move backwards. Is there some other key assignment I simply haven't found? Why can't I move my view further back inside the cockpit in V4.2?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: V.4.2 Cockpit

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What is your current zoom value? A value of 0.3 is the minimum zoom and it cannot be pushed further back than this. If you load the default starting scenario or switch to a default aircraft do you see the same issue? Also are you using any add-ons that modify camera controls?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Plainsman

Post by Plainsman »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm Hello,

What is your current zoom value? A value of 0.3 is the minimum zoom and it cannot be pushed further back than this. If you load the default starting scenario or switch to a default aircraft do you see the same issue? Also are you using any add-ons that modify camera controls?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
What do you mean current zoom value? I have no idea what you are talking about. In previous versions of P3D and FSX, I never had to know anything about zoom value. I just tapped the minus key to move back further away from the dashboard.
Plainsman

Post by Plainsman »

Okay, this problem is resolved. I discovered on my own that I need to have wide view checked in the options menu. That enables me to move forward and backwards in the cockpit with the minus and plus keys on the keyboard. Thank you.