PILOT RECORDS PARTIAL POSTING NO EDIT

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
H3

PILOT RECORDS PARTIAL POSTING NO EDIT

Post by H3 »

My Pilot Records log is not posting flights correctly (either after shutdown or closing P3D). Specifically the Start and Ending airports - sometimes both are shown, sometimes just the Start is shown, and sometimes neither is shown. In the Learning Center it says some edits can be made in "Details" but there is no "Details" button anywhere in the Pilot Records logbook. The only thing I can do is type a something in the "Comments" section (I cannot copy and paste it into the Start - Ending airport boxes). 1. How can I get the flights to post correctly?; and 2. Where can I find the "Details" area so I can make limited edits?
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: PILOT RECORDS PARTIAL POSTING NO EDIT

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey H3,

Did you only start seeing this issue after updating to 4.2? Do you have any add-ons installed? If so, it would help us isolate the problem if you remove them. The update may have caused incompatibility with some add-ons.

-Brad
H3

Post by H3 »

Hey,

Thank you for taking a quick look. No, the problem appears to have started 9-5-17 when it only showed a starting airport (my first log entry was in May 2017 after a computer rebuild and reinstallation of everything...) . Also, at that time, it started, intermittently, putting a long row of numbers (about 20) over the Total hours line (mostly 9's and ending in different numbers). For add-ons, I have Orbx scenery and A2A aircraft. Until recently, I have not been a heavy P3D user (I was still trying to salvage my FSX:SE sim, but I've finally given up...long story) so I don't really have a lot of history with P3D and didn't really pay attention to the "minor" problems until now because P3D is now my primary sim. I was going to include a screen shot of the log, but don't see how to attach it (probably just blind...). I'll go ahead and try uninstalling the Orbx scenery for the last flight I took and fly it again to see if anything changes (the aircraft is an A2A C172), as I typically fly between Orbx airports, so...who knows. I'll write back after I've tried another flight.

And, too, if you could point out how limited Edits can be done (there's no "Details" button in the log), I'd appreciate it.

Ok, here's something else that I was going to submit a post on. It may, or may not, be related in any way, but even if you don't think so, if you could provide some guidance on it, I'd appreciate it. I've been noting that I just don't have any AI air traffic (my setting is 100%) and all I could find in the Forum was someone's suggestion to look in the "TrafficToolbox." I'm not a tech person so I may have just missed it, but I followed the path (%APPDATA%...) as suggested in the Traffic Toolbox Setup in the Learning Center and it just doesn't appear that I have the 4 tools mentions, so I don't know what's going on with that. I did note that the screen shot of the "Setting - Traffic" in the Learning Center is NOT the Settings page that I have, so I'm not sure if it's just from an earlier P3D version, but, if so, maybe even the instructions for the TrafficToolbox may have changed.

Sorry for the long reply.

Thank you.

Howard

PS: It just dawned up me that I have used the "PTA" tweak program from Matt Davies (currently, his v1.3 Preset). Again, I'm not a tech person, so I have no idea if that is relevant, or not.
downscc

Post by downscc »

It is pretty common to have missing or incorrect origin/destination ICAO codes, much depends on the scenery and there are times where you are at a major airport but you happen to be closer to a smaller airport center than your big airport center. This can happen at PANC and KMIA.

The solution is to use a logbook editor that I created several years ago and updated for P3Dv4, which also works on logbooks from FSX and all versions of P3D. The editor is easy to use and has a detailed user manual. You can find this in the AVSIM library, search for LogEdit3 and I notice just now I have over 2500 downloads and only one bug report, which is of course fixed in this version.
Dan Downs
KCRP
H3

Post by H3 »

Hey Dan,

Great timing - I just logged back in to post that I'd tried a flight after uninstalling my scenery, but there was no difference (it put in the departure airport but not the arrival airport). Anyway, I read your suggestion and it sounds great - I immediately jumped over to download your logbook editor - haven't used it yet, but I'm anxious to fire it up!

Thank you!

Howard