[RESOLVED] 4.2 no rudder?? - fuselage shake in EZDock 2

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
AndrewH

[RESOLVED] 4.2 no rudder?? - fuselage shake in EZDock 2

Post by AndrewH »

Just updated to v4.2 and the only issue I'm seeing right now is that it's not seeing any rudder inputs on any of my aircraft. Doesn't matter if I'm on the ground or not. When attempting to taxi, I can see the taxi lights rotate in the direction I'm trying to go, but the plane physically doesn't turn. Checked flight stick settings (logitech 3d pro) and even reset the calibration, but no luck. I mostly fly the ifly 737, but it does it on the default F22 as well...so not sure what's going on.

I welcome any suggestions.

Don't want to go through everything to roll back to 4.1 if I don't have to...

Thanks!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: 4.2 no rudder??

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

This could be caused by an add-on that is not yet 4.2 compatible. We have general debugging steps here that may narrow down the issue:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Also does changing your control mode to direct input solve the issue? This option can be found in the menu under Options->Controls->Other.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

First, just to clarify...
...it's not seeing any rudder inputs on any of my aircraft.
...I can see the taxi lights rotate in the direction I'm trying to go, but the plane physically doesn't turn.
Is the rudder physically moving ? The fact that the taxi lights are moving would indicate that you may be getting rudder control inputs. If not, naturally it would seem to be an input/hardware issue....

Here is another issue that results in the rudder being somewhat or fully operational, but little or no steering...
It is in a couple of threads;
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=128518
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=128521

This may be related to your problem...
Back in v4 (possibly v3-can't remember), there was a bug in P3D that affected A2A planes and/or EzDok. Reason - they both use a similar method to detect fuselage shake. It would render turning while taxiing mostly useless. Rudder worked, front wheel steered but little or no turn. Then it was a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake" in either of the 3rd party addons. Then LM fixed it in an update and we could again use "Fuselage Shake".

But...it came back in this version. And, again, it is a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake". I suspect LM will have to re-fix this re-issue...
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I'm definitely going to look at that when I finish reinstalling everything. It could definitely be EZDock.

Rob, I will try that as well if it remains. Also, the rudder itself moves. What confuses me is that it happened on default aircraft as well.

I did a full uninstall, to include all the hidden directories and registry. Doing the reinstall right now. I'll test it one step at a time to see if something in particular kills it. Yeah, lots of trial and error on my part, but I like trying to figure out the puzzle.
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

If you were using EZDok, then that is definitely the problem.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Yup, it was the fuselage shake in EZDock 2. Turned it off, everything works as it should! (at least for what I can see) :)

Thanks for the help lawlegge!