Default Flight

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Shamrock727

Default Flight

Post by Shamrock727 »

Upon the first load of P3D v4.2, selecting any aircraft the flight starts in the outside spot view. This issue only started occurring with 4.2, I want any flight I start to start in the Virtual Cockpit view not the spot view. How do I fix or change this?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Default Flight

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Do you have any add-ons installed that may be manipulating cameras? Certain add-ons may not be compatible with 4.2 yet. Also going through our general debugging steps may help isolate the issue:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Shamrock727

Post by Shamrock727 »

If I were to delete the Cameras.cfg file would P3D create a new one?

I do not have any addon that could manipulate the camera. I have never seen this issue before and I am wondering why it has only started to happen with 4.2.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Yes, a new one will be generated. If that doesn't resolve the issue you may want to try running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in the Prepar3D installation directory.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Shamrock727

Post by Shamrock727 »

I have tried deleting the Cameras Config file without any resolution, also deleting the Generated Files hasn't changed anything either. I'm not sure if it is a corrupt file, I think there may be a setting within P3D that isn't allowing me the startup in the VC?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

What add-ons do you currently have installed on your system? Also can you try changing to the VC and then save your scenario and make it the default? Then when you reset the scenario do you start in the VC?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Shamrock727

Post by Shamrock727 »

If I reset the default flight after loading from the menu it will start in the VC. Saving the default flight and populating it with the current flight doesn't work either.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Please try uninstalling all add-ons and running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut. There may be some add-ons still installed that are not yet compatible with 4.2. Then introduce add-ons one by one to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead