simconnect with dubble p3d (v3 +v4) instalation?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
dominicano800

simconnect with dubble p3d (v3 +v4) instalation?

Post by dominicano800 »

Hi,

simple question. I have both Prepared versions installed. P3dv3 and p3dv4. I normaly run my wether and other programs like EFB and STB on a seperate machine. right now only for p3dv4. how can i make it run for both? Imean its everywhere written that there can be only ONE simcconect in the documents folder on the clients computer and so on. So how can i configure it for a dubble instalation?

I want my p3dv3 and my p3dv4 both having acess to the programms on he client computer. hm How?

Best regards and thank you in advance
downscc

Re: simconnect with dubble p3d (v3 +v4) instalation?

Post by downscc »

I am not familiar with your 'wether' program; however, there should be differences between an application that runs along side or within P3D because v3 is 32b and v4 is 64b. A 3rd party program that uses a simconnect module to communication with the simulator will have to have either a 32b or 64b module, one module cannot be both. For example, AS16 is the Active Sky product for P3Dv3 but you need ASP4 Active Sky for P3Dv4 to have weather in both platforms.

I am interested, what is the reason you have both platforms? Are you beta testing products?
Dan Downs
KCRP
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: simconnect with dubble p3d (v3 +v4) instalation?

Post by Beau Hollis »

SimConnect dlls that link into Prepar3D would via dll.xml/add-on.xml cannot link against both v3 and v4 because of the 32-bit/64-bit difference mentioned above. Separate applications might be able to work with both depending on which communication methods they employ and which client versions they are built against. You'll need to check with add-on providers to see which versions they support. I believe most software add-on providers build different versions of their add-on for v3 and v4.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect