P3D v3 crash on task switch

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Robo_Lepro

P3D v3 crash on task switch

Post by Robo_Lepro »

Hi, all...
I'm still getting this stupid issue and my sim is completely un-flyable at this point...
I'm running P3Dv3 on medium style settings. I've un-installed things like FS Spotlights as well as the FSLabs a320 just to be sure. I have no graphical related add-ons other than ASN. I have used at the very least 10 different drivers including the latest driver available...
I've re-connected the graphics card to the motherboard twice and have also done a complete tear-down and rebuild of the machine.
I have narrowed the cause down to focusing on ANY window OTHER than P3D. When P3D is open and I decide to change focus to another window, this error will pop up immediately...
I absolutely refuse to do another re-install as I've already tried it and I nothing has changed.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v3 crash on task switch

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Do you see this on a clean install with absolutely no add-ons installed? Also are you running the latest version of v3? The full version number can be found in the About screen.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Robo_Lepro

Re: P3D v3 crash on task switch

Post by Robo_Lepro »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 pm Do you see this on a clean install with absolutely no add-ons installed? Also are you running the latest version of v3? The full version number can be found in the About screen.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Yeah, completely clean install, version v3.4