[FIXING for 2.1] Unable to view Change Payload Panel

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Cool. No worries about the issues - glad you are working on it. Appreciate the update and looking forward to seeing it sorted.

All the best

Jim
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Well I did a complete re-install. I de-installed it, ran registry cleaner - just in case, re-installed it into a new folder and still the same. As you can see it is causing problem as I cannot move the centre of gravity over the wings as I cannot adjust the payload. Have a feeling this is a windows issue but no idea where to start. Hope one of you out there has an idea

Cheers

Jim
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

Jim, I replied (with screenshot) in the Flightsim.com forum, but honestly all of the aircraft show the CG icon in what is apparently an incorrect position, regardless of whether you can aft load the a/c or not!

In the default A36 for example, it takes 2,500 lbs in the aft baggage compartment before the CG icon will show 25%MAC position...

...whereupon the little A36 becomes a "tail dragger..." LOL!

As for your UI display problem, I don't have a clue, unfortunately. I am running 1920x1080x32 resolution under Win7 myself...
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Thanks again - saw that. :-)

I have a feeling this is going to be a windows issue - just wish I had some idea how to fix it.

Cheers

Jim
WBard

Post by WBard »

Jim, we will clean this up for the next patch. Sorry you're having problems!
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Cool. No worries about the issues - glad you are working on it. Appreciate the update and looking forward to seeing it sorted.

All the best

Jim
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Hey Wes Just to let you know I am still having the same problem with 2.1 in that the Change Payload is still off the bottom of the window and as N4GIX metnioned above - the centre of gravity is way forward.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing this fixed.

Cheers

Jim
Snave

Post by Snave »

CG issue is defined by the .mdl - Carenado need to fix that.

For the GUI ensure you have standard font sizes defined in the OS. Also, have you recompiled the shaders?

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\Shaders

delete the contents entirely (not the folder, just its contents) then re-boot the sim.

That may fix it.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
Bagpiper

Post by Bagpiper »

Cheers Snave. Appreciate the input mate - I tried all the above but no change. :-) Also the CG is at the front on the default F-22 Raptor. I'm not losing any sleep over this so please don't waste too much time on it. One of these days it will get sorted.

Cheers

Jim