Add-on Scenery Problem

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
serhan

Post by serhan »

Hello,
How can i install a freeware scenery to P3d V2.5? When i want to install a scenery via Scenery Library; a warning shot comes on that "Unable to Open C:bla bla bla scenery.cfg for reading" after that; if i add a scenery P3d crashes to desktop with a fatal error.

Regards,

Serhan
serhan

Post by serhan »

I have a new question about my problem. Where is the Learning Center? I try to find it but i didn't find any location!

Regards,

Serhan
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

J:\Prepar3D v2\Learning Center.chm, dont understand your first problem...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"How can i install a freeware scenery to P3d V2.5?"

Do you mean an airport / scenery /(afcad)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
serhan

Post by serhan »

Thanks, and sorry for my non comprehensible question. I mean that an airport. I researched something about my problem on this forum but i didn't find any definite solution to my problem. I want to add an airport (freeware) but i didn't success, that's all.

Regards,

Serhan
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I want to add an airport (freeware) but i didn’t success, that’s all."

The freeware airport did not have any install info with it?
Best Regards,
mchriest

Post by mchriest »

Scenery.cfg has been moved from the program root to "program data". Your scenery library installer hasn't been updated, and so can't find it.
Easiest resolution is to use command line to create a symbolic link to the correct file. Open up CMD and enter the following command, assuming you are on drive "C".

mklink "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg" "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg"

You might need to repeat the procedure for terrain.cfg as well.

mc
mchriest

Post by mchriest »

Sorry about the previous, that link was for prepared version 1.x, your actual command would be for the folders associated with v2.
Apologize for the hasty mistake.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"No there isn’t any information, but thanks for your advice too."

Which airport is it?

Was it for FS9, FSX or P3D?

Where did you download it from?
Best Regards,
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

serhan, go to your prepar3d folder , look for Learning Center.chm right click on it , send to desktop create shortcut, a shortcut will appear, else double click on it and the learning centre will appear.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
serhan

Post by serhan »

Hello Jorge;
My big problem is exactly that point. I didn't find any where Learning Center.chm neither main prepar3d folder (on separate ssd) nor C segment (which is windows o.s. at here) I looked at everywhere (C:Program Folder, C:user/..../Appdata/Roaming ect. etc.) I got it, thanks a lot Jorge! and

@Martyson; LTAI (Antalya airport) This is a FSX airport scenery; but it is perfect. I downloaded it here:

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/showthr ... SX-amp-FS9

If i don't find; how can i install it, then i will ask to scenery's producer. I try to find a solution from here because i know that this problem will occur all the time when i want to install any airport scenery.

regards,

Serhan
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Serhan,

I downloaded LTAI. It has install instructions but I cannot read the language.

To me it looks like you can just create a folder on your HD for P3D addon airports.

Unzip the the rar contents (LTAI2014FSXv1 folder unzipped) to that folder.

Then start P3D and add (area) that airport (LTAI2014FSXv1) folder to P3D scenery library..

And test it.
Best Regards,
ananda

Post by ananda »

Yes, it is that simple.

Here is LTAC:

Unzip (unRAR) to a convenient place on your hard drive.
In World->Scenery Librsry, click on "Add Area" and browse to where you unzipped the files and click "OK":

<br />gif uploader<br /><br />

Click OK on the Scenery Library page:

<br />windows 7 screenshot<br /><br />

Go to airport:

<br />how to take a screen shot<br /><br />

George

Note. There were several missing textures.
serhan

Post by serhan »

Hello all,

Yes i did everything step by step. And i want to explain my problem with some screen shots. may be it will be useful to denouement my problem. I hope.

Step1
When i want to go "Scenery Library" via "world" window at top line, i got this msg first.
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... t3vws2.jpg

and then Step2
I say "yes" to "OK" buton, after that; here is my scenery library window! It was quite empty. (I must say that, i installed only ORBX global, ORBX Vector and ORBX OpenLC EU)
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... 8wgxaf.jpg

And Step3
I represented LTAI or somethings else scenery where it is...
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... coblqx.jpg

Step 4;
As you can see below that; as if everythings were OK! (but not)
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... omucq0.jpg

Step 5;
When i want to complete that process and click on the OK, a fatal error occured...
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... z1cuf2.jpg

and Step 6: The Final
CDT
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r68 ... n6eryt.jpg

Did i make a msitake somewhere, or my P3D V2.5 has any problem which i don't know...

Thank you for your all advices.

regards,

Serhan
Kevin Farnell

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hello Serhan

Sorry to see that you have been experiencing problems in adding scenery files to P3D.
I see from the above posts, that Jorge and others have been trying to help you out.
Your first screenshot of the 21 March 2015, shows P3D stating 'Unable to open C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Scenery.cfg for reading'.
Have you navigated to this address and opened the Scenery.cfg file with Notepad? If so, what did you see?

There should be an initial entry entitled [General], followed by a series of [Area.XXX] (XXX starting at 001 and continuing incrementally (in my case to 130, but I have addon scenery installed).

If you are not seeing these, there is a problem with your Scenery.cfg file and this, or P3D may need to be re-installed. I'm not sure if deleting the Scenery.cfg file would result in it's being regenerated (in the same way as the Prepar3D.cfg file). Perhaps others could comment.

Hope you get your sim up and running as you would like it.

Regards

Kevin