trying to buy p3d v2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
mz42

trying to buy p3d v2

Post by mz42 »

im trying to buy p3d v2 but its not showing up in the store help plz
Poppet

Re: trying to buy p3d v2

Post by Poppet »

Hello mz42

Prepar3D v1 and v2 are no longer available for purchase.

However Prepar3D v3 and v4 are available for purchase at the Prepar3D store below

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/
mz42

Post by mz42 »

what how come we cant buy p3d v1 and v2 any more
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

We launched Prepar3D v1 in 2010 and Prepar3D v2 in 2013. These products were both maintained and supported during their entire lifecycle. As with any major release, support for the previous versions ends when a new major update is launched. Prepar3D v3 is still available for purchase for legacy systems that require a 32 bit version of Prepar3D, however this is not actively supported due to Prepar3D v4 being the latest version available. If you previously purchased Prepar3D v1 or Prepar3D v2 they are still available for download but we are no longer offering these as new purchases due to them being end of life for several years now. Prepar3D v4 is still very much in active development. We are continually building new and advanced features, fixing bugs reported by our users, and adding new development tools to our SDK.

Compatibility with most v1/v2 features is supported in v3. Do you have any details on why you are needing v2?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Hey Rob,

I need it as well. Many people with 32bit use V1.4 and FSX format models. Your V2.3 SDK is needed for this. The SDK will not work if P3D V2.3 hasnt been run on that computer at least two times. So I am stuck in the water also. Its for maintaining peoples files with updates, etc. I need it. :( I thought I purchased it yesterday and found out I got V3 instead, (Developers Edition). I hope you all have a backup for us developers.

I have the installer but do not have the key. I have my older key from my old computer but it was a monthly Developer registry, which would renew every month.

Bill
Lionheart Creations