[RESOLVED] Activation Website down?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
ryan_castle3

[RESOLVED] Activation Website down?

Post by ryan_castle3 »

Guys,

I am trying to activate my new P3D v3 online & It states there is no internet connection when there already is.

I have tried doing it manually but when I go onto the website link to download the response, I get this:

photo upload sites

can somebody please help?

Kind Regards
Kayla Dillon

Re: Activation Website down?

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Could you try to clear/delete your hosts file:
To reset the Hosts file back to the default, follow these steps:
Navigate to c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
Rename the Hosts file to "Hosts.old".
Create a new default hosts file: Right-click an open space in the c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc folder, select New, and click Text Document.
Also, have you tried activating via another computer?
Activate from Another Computer

If you have installed your software on a computer without an internet connection you may activate by using a second computer that has an internet connection. This method will result in an instant activation and does not require contacting support. Activating using this method will not allow you to deactivate/reactivate and is only recommended when it is not possible to connect the installation computer to the internet.

Enter your License ID and Activation Password.
Click Save Request....
Select a path to save the offline activation file. You should save this file to a USB drive or any removable media device. Once the file is saved, take it to a computer with an internet connection and double-click the file. Your browser will open to the offline activation page.
If prompted to download an ActiveX control. Click the Download button.
Click the Download button to save the Response to your Manual Request.
Save the response.xml to your USB drive or removable media device. Take the saved .xml file back to the original computer that does not have the internet connection.
On the installation computer, if Prepar3D was closed, restart Prepar3D. Agree to the prompts to enter the license information in their registry. Once the information is in the registry, you may start the application, which will detect the new license and automatically activate.
Contact licensing@prepar3d.com if you need your activations reset. You cannot reset or activate via the website.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
ryan_castle3

Re: Activation Website down?

Post by ryan_castle3 »

Hi Kayla

Thank you for your help.

The issue is now resolved by following the steps you provided.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan.C