[RESOLVED] P3D V4 Download incorrect

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
sharmes6

[RESOLVED] P3D V4 Download incorrect

Post by sharmes6 »

Hi,

Last night I downloaded the P3D V4 Academic complete install. There was no noted interruption and the download completed , and the downloaded zip even opens with no archive error. However it is only 8.50 GB and is missing a number of files in the zip.

Cheers,
Poppet

Re: P3D V4 Download incorrect

Post by Poppet »

Hello sharmes6

It appears you have an Incomplete download.

The Image below shows a Complete download, What files are you missing ?

You can download any addition files you require by signing into your Prepar3D Purchased Downloads

Click the little + to expand the Component Installers and click on the files you need

Insure you use a Download Manager to aid in a successful download

Pop the files into your main Prepar3D v4 download folder and run the Installer again

------------

Below is a guide that you might find helpful Installing Prepar3D v4

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120676
sharmes6

Re: P3D V4 Download incorrect

Post by sharmes6 »

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your reply.

I have now successfully downloaded using a download manager. I usually do use a download manager, but for some reason I thought it wouldn't work with the P3D downloads. I know now.

The original download was missing scene 5, 6 and 7, and also the setup application. The scene4.cab may have also been incomplete just judging by the size. I found it strange that the the download seemed to complete originally, and I could even open the zip file with no error. Usually if I download a zip file and it is an incomplete download the zip manager will pop up with an error such as: "Can not open ****.zip as archive".

No problems now though. Using the download manager has solved it.

Cheers,

Scott