[RESOLVED] Problem with the downloaded Files

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Cooper382

[RESOLVED] Problem with the downloaded Files

Post by Cooper382 »

Hallo,

I have cleaned my System and Prepar3D-SSD and want to install Prepar3D V3.4 from scratch too. So I went to the Download area and started to download the full package file. Internet Download Manager says it is complete, but when I wanted to start the install the Installer stops with an HESH-Code error. So I downloaded winmd5free and check the checksum of the single files.

First the Scene2.cab, Scene4.cab and Scene5.cab files are faulty. I downloaded the 3 files seperatly. After Download I check them and they are ok.

Copied them into the mainfolder where the other files are., started the installer again and ... Hesh-Code error. Checked the files again with winmd5free and suddenly the Cont1.cab is faulty, which was ok before. so i downloaded the file seperatly and retry the Installation... "Hesh-Code" error... now it is Setup_Prepar3D... I think I have downloaded each file 4 or 5 times now...

I have tried it the whole Day yesterday, with different Browsers, shutting AntiVirus-Program off... with no success...

Used tool:

InternetDownloadManager
Internet Explorer
Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Kaspersky AntiVirus is shut off
System is Win 10 64Bit

What can I do ??

Greetz

Sebastian
WarpD

Re: Problem with the downloaded Files

Post by WarpD »

Sounds like your computer has either a faulty drive, a virus or something else that's modifying files.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Ok, download is complete, winmd5free says the Checksums are correct,but the installer says "Hesh"error

trying an other drive doesn't help, Virus Scans are negative...

What else could it be??

2 Days now, very frustrating...
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Cooper382,

If all checksums are verified correct, redownloading will not help your issue.

Could you provide more details about the error report?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Of course!

What Info do u Need??

The Installer seems to work good and suddenly it stops and says "Der Heschwert ist falsch (Heshcode is wrong) or I get a message tat says that there is an Problem with "Scene5.cab" for example... I can retry then or Abort the Installation.

3 Days now :(

Greetz

Sebastian
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

How can I Show you Screenshots??
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Maybe the Log-File of the issue can help?
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi Cooper382,

The winmd5free states the checksums are correct, but the installer does not?

In that case, can you confirm that you are downloading the correct cab/files for the specific installer?

You can't mix Academic, Professional, or Professional Plus installation files.

If possible, you likely want to download the full zip file with your download manager. That would be the quickest option.

Regards,
Adam
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Adam Breed wrote:Hi Cooper382,

The winmd5free states the checksums are correct, but the installer does not?

In that case, can you confirm that you are downloading the correct cab/files for the specific installer?

You can't mix Academic, Professional, or Professional Plus installation files.

If possible, you likely want to download the full zip file with your download manager. That would be the quickest option.

Regards,
Adam
That's right. I go to Download-Area, type in the License and then I see the Download-Files (Full-Package) and the + for the seperate Files. There should only appear the Accademic files, or not?

I have tried to download the full package as well. Without success. I'm using "InternetDownloadManager", with and without Anti-Virus Software.

I even have installed the complete System Win 10 Home 64Bit for the third time now. (actual Build 1607)

I'm so frustrated... Now I have 2 Weeks off from work and can't use P3D.. :(
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Cooper382 wrote:
I have tried to download the full package as well. Without success.
Hi Cooper382,

Does the download link not work, does it fail and not resume, does it complete but the checksum does not match, etc.?

I can't speak to your specific download manager, but if it is unable to resume and complete the download, you might want to look for alternatives.

I have verified all the downloads are working as expected and all files are correctly being mirrored.

In your original post, you state that after downloading the checksums match and then when you cut/copy them they get corrupt. That likely means your virus scan is modifying the files or that there is a hardware issue. You might want to verify the integrity of your hard drives or try and alternative drive.

Regards,
Adam
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

I have tried different Drives now, without success... As I have seen, I'm not the only one with this Problem.. Many threads here in the Forum ... :(
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Is it possible that something in Windows 10 "Aniversary" blocks the Installation??

The Drives are Samsung SSD's 850 EVO, 250GB and 500 GB and an Seagate Barracuda 3TB.

When so many users have this Problem, I think it can't caused by an "faulty" drive in my System. Kaspersky is not installed, Windows Defender is off...

I have tried Mozilla Firefox with "Down Them All"-Plug-In... doesn't work,

Strange is, the "small" Clients and the Setup File is matching the Cheksum, the Cab files not...

Again: Is the "Log-File, the installer creates after crashing, helpful for you and how can i post it??
slowbird

Post by slowbird »

I also have problem with the download process.

I have d/l:ded several times the Academic version with different methods to different locations. The size of the Prepar3D-v3_Academic_3.4.18.19475 is 10 441 216 but WinRAR is not able to open it. I also tried to d/l the smaller files but the size of most of them is (after many trials) in 0.

I do have Win10. My pc has just gone thru a service so that could not be the issue.

I have paid for the Prepar3D. Is there a way for me to get this product???
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Can you try clearing your internet browser cache before reattempting the downloads? I would then continue to attempt to download the Individual Component Downloads checking the MD5 values after each file. If a download has failed or the MD5 values do not match, I would again clear the internet browser cache before reattempting the download for the component.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Cooper382

Post by Cooper382 »

Clifton Crane wrote:Hello,

Can you try clearing your internet browser cache before reattempting the downloads? I would then continue to attempt to download the Individual Component Downloads checking the MD5 values after each file. If a download has failed or the MD5 values do not match, I would again clear the internet browser cache before reattempting the download for the component.
That's what I'm doing since nearly 6 Days, with different Browsers, now... :-/