Default airplanes not showing up in game

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
tklineage

Default airplanes not showing up in game

Post by tklineage »

After doing a search, I have found many similar questions but with one major element missing.

I am trying to do seaplane work on P3D. I noticed initially that P3D didn't have seaplanes so I was going to transfer the Beaver from FSX. I then noticed in the file directories that the Beaver is already pre-loaded in P3D and just not showing up in game.

Most of the answers that I saw to those questions didn't apply to a pre-loaded plane. How do I get those files to show?
DaveWG

Re: Default airplanes not showing up in game

Post by DaveWG »

The Beaver in P3d is for AI use and doesn't have a panel, so it won't show up in the selection screen. If you copy the panel across from FSX it should show up.
tklineage

Post by tklineage »

That worked, thanks. The only hanging issue is that the virtual cockpit didn't transfer over. Where is that stored? I thought it would have just been in the panel directory under simobjects.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

Ah, no that would be in the model folder. I forgot about that, sorry. You'll need to copy the interior mdl and the model.cfg from the model folder, and probably any interior textures as well. Come to think of it, it's probably easier just to copy the whole aircraft across! Backup the original first ;)