Shift-Z working, but freezes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: Shift-Z working, but freezes

Post by Martyson »

B777ER wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:08 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm @ B777ER ,
Eric,

Which Simconnect Menu is it (which program)?
That menu in the picture is from GSX.
@ B777ER ,
Eric,

I no longer have the FSDT product installed so cannot test it.
Has FSDT tested it / released it for P3Dv5.2?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Nothing to do with GSX. All HTML5 menus are causing numerous people to have massive stutter issues, especially when they run full screen with menu bar hidden. HTML5 is still broken. I just went in to missionpanels and changed everything back to scaleform.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

B777ER wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:29 pm Nothing to do with GSX. All HTML5 menus are causing numerous people to have massive stutter issues, especially when they run full screen with menu bar hidden. HTML5 is still broken. I just went in to missionpanels and changed everything back to scaleform.
@ B777ER ,
Eric,

I am not seeing the problems you reported.
Windowed and Full Screen ok on my setup (with menu bar hidden).

Seeing you are using GSX I assumed you had checked with them for any P3D5.2 issues.

Glad to hear you have a work-a-round for your setup.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Martyson wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:44 pm
B777ER wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:29 pm Nothing to do with GSX. All HTML5 menus are causing numerous people to have massive stutter issues, especially when they run full screen with menu bar hidden. HTML5 is still broken. I just went in to missionpanels and changed everything back to scaleform.
@ B777ER ,
Eric,

I am not seeing the problems you reported.
Windowed and Full Screen ok on my setup (with menu bar hidden).

Seeing you are using GSX I assumed you had checked with them for any P3D5.2 issues.

Glad to hear you have a work-a-round for your setup.
Seeing this behavior on a vanilla install without GSX simply right clicking to change views. After being in full screen for a while this behavior is being seen. You have to toggle back to window mode to prevent the sim from freezing up. LM have some HTML5 bugs they need to sort to allow its use in full screen. They need to issue a HF for this as it is a show stopper in full screen.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We're actively working on a fix for these issues. Any additional information on ways to reproduce these issues is extremely helpful. If you are seeing issues with the context menu specifically you can force the system to use the old scaleform menu by renaming the AppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory. This will force Preapr3D to fall back to using scaleform for the menu bar and context menu.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snapshot21

Post by snapshot21 »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:55 pm We're actively working on a fix for these issues. Any additional information on ways to reproduce these issues is extremely helpful. If you are seeing issues with the context menu specifically you can force the system to use the old scaleform menu by renaming the AppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory. This will force Preapr3D to fall back to using scaleform for the menu bar and context menu.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Thank you for this workaround, it does bring back the former format of the menu bar.
Is there a way to force the shift+z information also back to the scaleform format? What file do I need to rename.

Thank you!
LiamNCL

Post by LiamNCL »

The freezing would occur whilst applying brakes for me aswell as shift+Z so i have went back to 5.1
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:55 pm We're actively working on a fix for these issues. Any additional information on ways to reproduce these issues is extremely helpful. If you are seeing issues with the context menu specifically you can force the system to use the old scaleform menu by renaming the AppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory. This will force Preapr3D to fall back to using scaleform for the menu bar and context menu.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
For me it happens after a period of time in full screen mode. Right-clicking anywhere on the screen will cause the whole screen to go black. I have to alt+enter to get to window mode to kind of reset things. As well, when landing, the Brakes message (or any of the Primary Information Text messages) will cause the screen to go black.

Under Full Screen Settings I have both Blackout Desktop and Auto-fill Main View unchecked. I am on a 4k TV monitor with a RTX3090. I have Disable Fullscreen Optimizations ticked on under the Prepar3D.exe and run in administrator mode.
asegm08

Post by asegm08 »

The black screen seems to occurring with me when I am on the sim for an extended people of time in full screen. Then try to bring any of the menus. At that point the sim keeps going, but the entire screen gets unresponsive, stuck in a loop of loading the menu. So at that time the only solution I have is to save the scenario, and restart. Flying over the Atlantic day before yesterday, and yesterday it happened both times around 3 hours into the flights.

-Al
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

Not to duplicate posts, but I felt this should be shared in this thread too as I believe its related. Sounds like LM is aware and is working on something.

Normally, and for as long as I can remember, the "." key has been used for applying brakes for the selected user aircraft.

But in 5.2, something is different. Yes, pushing "." will apply brakes, but something else is conflicting with the sim. It stutters as though some other function or program is also being called.

Today, I flew from Montreal to Las Vegas and when I landed, I applied the brakes, by holding down the "." key. Shortly after, the sim screen went black although the sound continued. I thought for sure I would have a CTD, but I waited and let P3d chew on what was going on. I switched to another view by pressing the "s" key as per norm. The screen returned to normal and I taxied to the gate. Marvelous flight, BTW. Smooth although ASP3D needs to work out some bugs. Nothing from within the GSX menu was available when I arrived at the gate.

I'm not blaming P3d, but I'm wondering where else the problem could be. No joystick, no controller is attached to P3d. Checked the assigned key from within the sim and the only thing showing is "brakes". Checked FSUIPC, nothing showing. GSX? Not likely. ASP3D? I'll post at those spots and see. But wondering if anyone else has seen or experienced this.
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

I deleted the program did a new full download and install, and now mine works.
Messages are now big intrusive letters. Not like the small ones they used to be.
Tool tips do not work.
No sound from switches on the panel when they are activated.
Thanks
Druce

Post by Druce »

I can confirm Shift-Z and brakes odd working. I updated my client, content and scenery, my Shift-Z was working from day 1, but freezes. I can say, that if I will pretty frequently use shift-z, it's not freezes, but if I for example check my fps, then turn it off and after 10 minutes turn on again - it freezes for 10 sec
sincedric

Post by sincedric »

MediocreGorilla wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:26 pm Five minutes into my first flight I can already confirm my biggest fear:
The shift + z overlay is stuck at static values of the first set, toggling through the different sets doesn't change the values at all:

Also the simconnect menu ist stuck in this state:

I really enjoy 5.2, you did a great job on this release, but I think I'm not exaggerating when I say this is quite a big issue.
I can confirm this, I have a fresh install. After a while into the flight (3 hours for me), pressing Shift-Z freeze the sim. I am using ASP3D and GSX as well.
ahuimanu

Post by ahuimanu »

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob, is this true for the balance of the HTML5 menus? Can we rename all of these files?
Druce

Post by Druce »

I would be happy to back at old style red info and not to experience any freezes