P3Dv5 has upgrades for it, but they don't work

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gazza

P3Dv5 has upgrades for it, but they don't work

Post by gazza »

Hi

I have tried using the forum to fix this problem. The problem started when I upgraded my P3Dv4.5 to P3Dv5.
Previously, some airport scenery addons allowed you to be specific about where you land and where you takeoff in v4.5.
In the example of EGLL, when installing the scenery addon you can normally be specific about which runway you land at and which you takeoff at.

I don't understand why, but it doesn't work on v5. Aircraft use both of the runways randomly, why have these addons runways being ignored despite that?

Depending on something like the wind direction, and which runways have been specified, why is P3Dv5 just ignoring the real world? In other words, P3Dv5 ignores the option in the image attached.

Note that this should be covered, since it makes a lot of functionality from people upgrading. On your website.
Prepar3D v5 was developed with backwards compatibility in mind. A considerable effort was spent in exposing new SDK capabilities and maintaining backwards compatibility to ensure most third-parties can update to v5 with minimal effort. Therefore, many of the add-ons customers have used in previous versions of Prepar3D can be used in Prepar3D v5. Be sure to contact the content developers of your add-ons to confirm whether or not their product can be used in Prepar3D v5.

I would be very grateful if you take at this problem.

Gaz
image of the problem - the RUNWAY SETTINGS gets ignored in v5.: