EA Mode still very immersion killing and "like Beta"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Keight

Re: EA Mode still very immersion killing and "like Beta"

Post by Keight »

Martyson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:47 am @ MPO910,

If i were flying a jetliner flight and looked out of the VC cockpit and seen your screenshot I would not thing anything bad about it.
Just keep scanning the gauges and enjoying the flight.

Not: I do not fly the plane(s) from outside views.
sometimes its better to remain silent
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Tip :

In the VolumetricClouds.cfg file you can find values for Sharpness.
I have improved the sharpness on cloud edges by using 2.7 instead of 0.9 on the cumulonimbus and cumulus clouds and double values on the other clouds.
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Quote from HiFi Simtech ( Active Sky )

“ Hello Everyone,

The P3D 5.1 release version has an issue preventing proper EA mode weather control via SimConnect with ASP3D (or any other weather add-on). We have forwarded our findings to P3D developers and we hope that it will be resolved soon with a new P3D update.

We should have our ASP3D compatible update posted very quickly after the fix is available.

Thank you.”
boofly

Post by boofly »

Saldo wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:19 pm Quote from HiFi Simtech ( Active Sky )

“ Hello Everyone,

The P3D 5.1 release version has an issue preventing proper EA mode weather control via SimConnect with ASP3D (or any other weather add-on). We have forwarded our findings to P3D developers and we hope that it will be resolved soon with a new P3D update.

We should have our ASP3D compatible update posted very quickly after the fix is available.

Thank you.”
You've got to be kidding me, guys.
How did this get past testing? Almost every simmer uses Active Sky. The sim is pretty much useless without this.

I also find the state of these forums appalling. There is literally no proper customer support for customers who pay a significant amount of money for a piece of software. Instead you have two users spamming every thread with their endless posts defending whatever Lockheed has done and telling users they just have their own systems to blame.

It seriously is absurd. In case you've ever wondered why hardly anybody uses your forums: This is why.
There is no support and every thread is strangled to a painful death by You-know-who.

As a support forum this is a travesty. Paying customers are ignored.
Aviator1979

Post by Aviator1979 »

Agree its a sad thing, i think they just rushed this update in the lastweeks or so, very sad indeed.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello Everyone,

We are working with the HiFi Simulation Technologies developers to identify the cause of the issue. We believe it is related to a fix impacting weather themes where clouds would disappear near certain stations. We are working on addressing this and several other issues in an upcoming hotfix. Please continue to inform us of any other issues you encounter in separate topics.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead