[RESOLVED] P3Dv4 flights start zoomed out, how to permanently fix?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RobCom

[RESOLVED] P3Dv4 flights start zoomed out, how to permanently fix?

Post by RobCom »

Hey guys, I just did a complete reinstall of P3Dv4 and I know I had this same issue when I first installed it two years ago but, the sim starts zoomed way out (to like 30), what I want is to have the sim start at about 70...and STAY THERE. In virtual cockpit, the other views I don't care about at this time.

I tried making another default flight and it works until I zoom in or out and then hit my view reset button (or the backspace key), then it defaults to 30 again.

There MUST be a way to do it because my last install worked like a charm with the same controls setup, but like a fool I didn't make a note of the fix for my P3Dv4 tweak notes, so now I'm lost.

I have Bing searched but most of the fixes people say to use just don't work.

any help would be appreciated greatly,
Rob C
ASUS Z690 Apex ; 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800 ; ASUS RTX 4080 OC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx
dickparker

Re: P3Dv4 flights start zoomed out, how to permanently fix?

Post by dickparker »

Try editing the "camera.cfg" file found in the same location as the "prepar3d.cfg" file. Under [CameraDefinition.002] for the virtual cockpit you will see the line "InitialZoom ="; set the value to 0.70 and save the file. See if that is what you want.
RobCom

Re: P3Dv4 flights start zoomed out, how to permanently fix?

Post by RobCom »

That was exactly what I wanted, thank you very much, this was driving me crazy!!

Bookmarking this thread!
ASUS Z690 Apex ; 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800 ; ASUS RTX 4080 OC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx