[ATC window in VR] Shows at flight start, but then don't pop-up anymore (P3D v4.5 no HF)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Thacyoon

[ATC window in VR] Shows at flight start, but then don't pop-up anymore (P3D v4.5 no HF)

Post by Thacyoon »

Hi LM,

I am using P3D v4.5 (no HF) and a Pimax 5k+ HMD, I had no problems with the ATC windows in v4.3 or 4.4

When I enter the cockpit, switch to VR mode and open the ATC window - the ATC window shows just fine. To much up/right, but I can SHIFT drag the window to front of the airplane. All is good.

After takeoff and into the flight, the ATC window open/close just fine. But after some random time in-flight (5-30 minutes) suddenly the ATC window won't open anymore. If I am lucky the ATC window can start working (open) again after some time (1-5 minutes).

I can restart my whole flight to get the ATC window back. If I deactivate VR mode I can see the ATC window, and if I then undock the ATC window, start VR again, then dock the ATC window into the VR session - it works again -> but only to fail again after some time. Each time it fails I have to pause the flight, deactivate VR, take off my HMD, undock the ATC, turn on VR, dock the ATC into the VR window, take on my VR HMD, unpause the flight...not very fun to do all the time.

I have tried to mouse click in the P3D window in case it had lost focus, but no matter what I do the ATC window refuse to open. It seems to fail after random time into the flight. And it fails to open a lot (only in v4.5).

Is this a known issue?
Anything I can do to try to fix this?
guit32

Re: [ATC window in VR] Shows at flight start, but then don't pop-up anymore (P3D v4.5 no HF)

Post by guit32 »

Hello
I have the same kind of problem, for me it never appears. I just made a post for that (i did'nt' see this one..)