AppData\Local\CrashDumps Error

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Vesku-K

AppData\Local\CrashDumps Error

Post by Vesku-K »

Hey.

I am wondering about this problem that comes to me whenever I open P3D.v4.5. . It Announces C:\ User\ I \AppData \Local\ CrashDumps \P3D.exe.5568.dmp. And this type of error. They accumulate with different numbers each time I use P3D. I don't think this problem was p3d.V.4.4

Yes, I have ORBX, aerosoft, QWings, Ifly And many other add-ons that should work with P3D.

I use win 7pro 64bit, Nvidia GeForce 1070, intel I5 6600K power 650watt

Regards:Vesku-K
Vesku-K

Re: AppData\Local\CrashDumps Error

Post by Vesku-K »

Could someone please tell me how I can end this If I do not constantly clean out files, I have a while to get many gigabytes of garbage on my computer.

All advice is welcome.

Vesku-K
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

The general debugging steps are here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

Vesku-K wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:51 am Could someone please tell me how I can end this If I do not constantly clean out files, I have a while to get many gigabytes of garbage on my computer.

All advice is welcome.

Vesku-K
The default windows settings will limit the number of crash memory dumps it retains, don't worry about that part. You should be worried as to why you are having crashes. There is nothing in that screen shot that displays the type of crash. Click on Windows start and type problem reports. Select see all reports from the list. Now you can see what is crashing and a few pieces of information that may help understand why such as faulting module name.

I personally do not allow CCleaner near my computer. It has been known to wipe out important information from the registry for programs it does not recognize. You should never have to 'wipe' your registry in any event.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Vesku-K

Post by Vesku-K »

Thank you for your response, now I can explore and find the core of the problem.