[RESOLVED] Hot fix Client not working - WX Advantage Radar

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
keenrw

[RESOLVED] Hot fix Client not working - WX Advantage Radar

Post by keenrw »

Hi

i have uninstalled the 4.4 client and installed the new 4.5 hot fix ... it starts loading up but gets to the end and nothing displays just the desk top , i have tried deleting the shaders but still no god , i can re install the 4.4 client just fine .. please dont say i need to do a full reinstall .. i have so mush stuff that will take ages to reinstall.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Hot fix Client not working

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello keenrw,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

The thing is the original 4.5 worked fine just had the FPS issue , so not sure why this one wont work
lemalinoi

prepard3dv4.5 ne se charge pas completement

Post by lemalinoi »

L'installation de P3Dv4.5 terminée, l’exécution, les informations relatives à la licence ont été renseignées et acceptées (vraisemblablement), l’indexation de la base de données est effectuée brièvement (lecteur ssd), puis commence à se charger à partir de la grande fenêtre Prepar3D, puis disparaît. En ouvrant le gestionnaire de tâches, il est toujours en cours d'exécution (utilise environ +/- 13% d'utilisation de l'UC sur mon PC) mais ne termine jamais le chargement à partir de là. Que devrais-je faire ensuite? J'espère que le support le verra.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Have you tried updating your add-ons? There have been issues in the past with add-ons doing version-checking which prevented Prepar3D from launching. Since this is a new version, it is possible it's the same issue. Here is a post from a previous issue: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130019

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Ifikratis

Post by Ifikratis »

I have the same problem. Even removing all contents of the Add-ons folder, doesn't seem to fix it..
Ifikratis

Post by Ifikratis »

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.
jcorstjens

Post by jcorstjens »

Same issue here, the initial v4.5 did work well (equal to v4.4), however the V4.5HF crashes during start up, even before the selections screen appears.
ananda

Post by ananda »

Try deleting the shaders.
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

My problem was infact the WX Advantage Radar , once that was un-installed 4.5 loaded up fine , sadly the FPS fix seemed not to work for me and im back to 4.4 again .
JJJackson

Post by JJJackson »

Thanks ifikratis for the hint about WX radar, that solved my problem.

Jackthe Swede in Spain