Scenery Issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
tdohrer

Scenery Issues

Post by tdohrer »

Hello,
I am having issues with scenery that i was not having with 4.4. I didnt know if this might be fixed in the hot fix that is upcoming or this something different? Here are couple pics showing what happens. When i start off the flight all of the scenery is good. Details, everything is there and clear. As the flight continues and descend down it all start to mesh together. This is over SBGR, Orbx scenery, tropical sim SBGR which shows up just fine. Any ideas?
downscc

Re: Scenery Issues

Post by downscc »

No photos appear. Do you mean blur when you say 'mesh together?'

Blurred ground textures arise due to a number of reasons, usually because your system cannot support the display settings you are using. One of the differences with v4.5 is ability to extend scenery draw distance and higher resolution textures but it comes at a cost. I'm just guess in the dark here since I really don't know what your problem is yet.
Dan Downs
KCRP
tdohrer

Post by tdohrer »

You sure on the photos? They show up on mine, it did take me awhile to get those figured out.
Here is computer specs: GTX1080 TI, I78700K , 32gb ram, ssd for P3d
Settings:
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

Still no photos.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Forget about the hotfix.

Start with default P3D v. 4.5 and see if the issue is still there - repeat: default P3D and no ORBX or other add-ons!

If the issue then is still there, then you have a P3D issue.

If the issue is gone with default 4.5, then install your add-ons, one at a time, and test to see if the issue re-appears. If it does, then you have just found the cause of the issue - the most recently-installed add-on!

This is basic troubleshooting, and necessary to isolate the problem. There is no way around that. If you aren't willing to do it, then you will have to live with the problem.

The reason I say forget about the hotfix, is that:

1. We don't know when it is coming out, and

2. We don't know which problem it is going to fix on which systems with which add-ons. On the contrary, many seem to think that the hotfix will fix every issue and give you unlimited FPS with a LOD radius of 10 on a system with a Z80A CPU, 8 MB of RAM and on a TV monitor - okay, that is maybe exaggerating it a little bit.....

Jorgen
Last edited by JorgenSA on Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

And just a PS: I cannot see the photos either.....

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
tdohrer

Post by tdohrer »

Go here see the photos. https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/172449-p3d-v45/
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, settings up down not a change.
Find a better way to upload photos, they show up when i open the post.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Did you actually do the basic troubleshooting that I pointed out to you?

Jorgen