Slow loading Autogen upon arrival

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kityatyi

Slow loading Autogen upon arrival

Post by kityatyi »

I started to notice past V4.1 that autogen - including both trees and buildings - often load very slowly or not load at all when approaching a destination. There are airports that make it worse and there are airports where it's not that bad but in general I can safely say that autogen loading is not satisfactory upon arrival.

I have been running P3D V4.5 on a dedicated SSD different from the SSD of my Windows 10 operating system. Some addons certainly do install themselves onto the O/S SSD.

I have the autogen and scenery draw distance set to "Very High" which is the second highest detent on the slider. Vegetation Density is set to "Dense" and Building Density is set to "Normal" since I have started to be using V4. My frames are set to "Unlimited" and I do not use any .cfg or any NVidia tweaks at all. I never changed my settings and did not have any issues in the earlier instances of V4.

I believe this issue has been worsening throughout the past minor versions of the simulator. It would be great if LM could improve on this and in general, the overall performance of the software so that a consistent, acceptable FPS can be maintained even when arriving at more complex airports or when flying in dusk or dawn or in overcast conditions or the combination of these - as these still take an unrealistically high toll on the frames.

I am looking forward to whatever future performance boost finds its way to Prepar3D.

I have been running the simulator on an Intel i7 6700K @4.5 GHz, 16 GB 2666 Corsair Vengeance RAM 2x500 GB SSD, 1x1TB HDD, MSI Geforce GTX1070 8GB GDDR5.
Senchay

Re: Slow loading Autogen upon arrival

Post by Senchay »

"I have the autogen and scenery draw distance set to "Very High" which is the second highest detent on the slider. "

There is your problem.

Its too much. Your system cant handle it. If P3D has too high settings all details will get less if system cannot handle it. Then you loose autogen/late loading, less terrain details and all those nice things. Lower your settings and have increased LOD because a fully loaded area with medium settings is still more as a 1/4 loaded area caused from too high settings.

There is no CPU in this world that can handle that in some sceneries.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive