Load saved situations - Time and date

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
stiarol

Load saved situations - Time and date

Post by stiarol »

Hi
I noticed that with 4.5 when you load a previously saved scenario, it first throws you back to the opening screen(before it has always started loading the scenario straight away) , and if you have checked the option to "use system time for default scenario" it will reset the time and date for that scenario to the system time.
I had a flight saved where the zulu time for the scenario was about 0600. After a restart of the sim I tried to load up the scenario. It loaded fine, but the time and that changed to the current zulu time.

Is there a new setting in 4.5 that I have missed, or a setting in the cfg that needs to be added/changed?
downscc

Re: Load saved situations - Time and date

Post by downscc »

I have not seen this. I have the option selected to use system time for default scenarios and I've made a scenario with the M-20 at my home base (the default should be in your time zone). In 4.5 after loading a previously saved scenario it will return to the Scenario Setup page. From here you may either GO into the session or change the scenario settings then start the session.

I have found that scenarios that are not my default will load at the date/time in which they were saved. It is also possible that a scenario does not have a date/time section in which case it loads at the system date/time (given this option is selected). You can look at the .fxml file yourself and find the season/date/time section and verify it's variables. Note that the day is day of year (e.g. 14Apr is day 104) and the time value is local time (not UTC) at the location of the aircraft.

Here is an example of what that section looks like. You can use this to play around and experiment:

<Section Name="DateTimeSeason">
<Property Name="Season" Value="Spring" />
<Property Name="Year" Value="2019" />
<Property Name="Day" Value="86" />
<Property Name="Hours" Value="0" />
<Property Name="Minutes" Value="1" />
<Property Name="Seconds" Value="0" />
</Section>
Dan Downs
KCRP
JPL19

Post by JPL19 »

I am experiencing the same results as the OP where loading a previously saved scenario will not utilize the saved date/time.

I am using saves via FSUIPC (latest version) autosave, and, have verified that <Section Name="DateTimeSeason"> exists but is not utilized.

I also notice when starting these scenarios the Scenarios page reads an odd date, usually weeks in the past, but with the correct local time. Upon start P3D is actually and the current date and local time, not the saved scenario time or the one showing on the Scenario page.

Joe L.
JoeFremont

Post by JoeFremont »

I have the same problem. I want to continue a timeline of flights (how many days would it take to fly from Australia to England in a Tiger Moth), but since I installed 4.5 when I re-load the saved flight it resets to current time.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

stiarol wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am Hi
I noticed that with 4.5 when you load a previously saved scenario, it first throws you back to the opening screen(before it has always started loading the scenario straight away) , and if you have checked the option to "use system time for default scenario" it will reset the time and date for that scenario to the system time.
I had a flight saved where the zulu time for the scenario was about 0600. After a restart of the sim I tried to load up the scenario. It loaded fine, but the time and that changed to the current zulu time.

Is there a new setting in 4.5 that I have missed, or a setting in the cfg that needs to be added/changed?
I saved a PMDG747 flight on 3-29-19 at 5:47

From fxml file:

<Section Name="DateTimeSeason">
<Property Name="Season" Value="Spring" />
<Property Name="Year" Value="2019" />
<Property Name="Day" Value="88" />
<Property Name="Hours" Value="13" />
<Property Name="Minutes" Value="1" />
<Property Name="Seconds" Value="16" />
</Section>

Date 88 should be 3-29-19

I reloaded that flight now (4-21-19 at 13:57 local time (east coast USA)

I have only tested this one saved flight just to see what is going on.
I did not load the PMDG panel state but I will also check that next.

Note: After loading the panel state (dated 3-29-19) the PMDG clock date is 4-21-19

(screenshots):

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

Interesting. It appears that v4.5 is ignoring the season-date-time section, which is probably part of their change to return to the Scenery Setup screen after loading a scenario.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

If you uncheck the use system time option does this work as expected?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:06 pm Hello,

If you uncheck the use system time option does this work as expected?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Mine has always been unchecked and it goes back to the load screen instead of a directly loading the saved flight.
Dave Opper
ESSB
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dave,

Going back to the Scenario Screen is by design. If you leave the Use System Time option unchecked do you see the expected date/time in your scenario?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:33 pm Hi Dave,

Going back to the Scenario Screen is by design. If you leave the Use System Time option unchecked do you see the expected date/time in your scenario?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Yes.
With Use System Time OFF (unchecked) the previously saved flight date/time is correct when it is loaded.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

Ah ha! That is the answer then. Very interesting. Thanks Rob!
Dan Downs
KCRP
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:33 pm Hi Dave,

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob,

Yes confirmed all is correct.
Thanks for the info regarding the load screen. I thought something was broken.
Dave Opper
ESSB
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

stiarol wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am Hi

Hi I noticed the same after the last update. Im sure for 100% its a bug of P3Dv4.5.
Before I didnt notice this and I did many saved files.

Now if I open saved file for example from february (saved in 4.5 before) I see.... March for example (????).
I use "use system time for default scenario" like before but in 4.4 if I save file for example as 1 January when I open it I have... 1 January. Now its lottery.

Please to fix this issue.
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2
JoeFremont

Post by JoeFremont »

I have this same issue. Now I know about the 'use system type for default flight' option, is there another hidden somewhere? When I load a light which is not my default flight, it keeps resetting to system date/time. I did not have this problem on 4.4