3 Monitors in View groups - 1 Monitor as panel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Beauregard33

3 Monitors in View groups - 1 Monitor as panel

Post by Beauregard33 »

hi

I have 4 monitors: 3 27" in a row and 1 monitor above to display the instruments.

I successfully configured the 3 monitors in the row with View Groups so I have a cockpit feeling. Moving the eyepoint around works well.
Now I want to have in this configuration also the 4th monitor for instruments, but this monitor should be fixed and not move, when I change view point of the others. Changing the eyepoint should affect only the 3 "Cockpit" monitors.

how can I do that?

I know I can add one additonal view, but this view is then only saved in the very specific scenario. I would like to have it as view group setting, so I can easily call it in any situation.

thanks
best regards
Andre
Beauregard33

Re: 3 Monitors in View groups - 1 Monitor as panel

Post by Beauregard33 »

nobody an idea how I can create a fixed view on the instruments?
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Sorry, no idea, but also waiting for an answer to exactly this configuration...
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

I don't think there's a way to do this with ViewGroups. At least I could not see a way within the viewgroup management function. I also took a look at the xml file and there was nothing obvious that could be set in there either. So unless there's a hidden function, who knows maybe there is one, it doesn't look like its possible. You may look into setting up a global camera. I haven't tried doing this myself as I use Air Manager to accomplish this.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Andre,

I have a 2080ti that allows 4 monitors to be attached. I have these all included in the Nvidia surround for scenery but tried just including 3 and it left the 4th monitor alone which would do what you are trying to do.
KInd Regards

Bernie.