[RESOLVED] Missing VR menu after deinstalling Flyinside trial version

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mmangelsdorf

[RESOLVED] Missing VR menu after deinstalling Flyinside trial version

Post by mmangelsdorf »

The VR menu entry of the P3D client went missing after deinstalling said add-on using the Windows control panel (64 bit Win7). So far I have re-installed the NVIDIA driver and deleted the camera.cfg file, but no change.

Contrary to earlier suggestions, I don't think that presence of actual VR hardware or software matters at all, as the menu was present right from the start, without hardware or SteamVR installed.

If at all possible, could anyone look into or share a reproducable method to enabling the menu entry again?
pmb

Re: Missing VR menu after deinstalling Flyinside trial version

Post by pmb »

Uninstall and reinstall the Prepar3d Client. This restores the VR menu.

I had the same issue and this solved it for me. It's pretty weak that Flyinside doesn't restore the original entry when uninstalling it.

Presence or absence of VR hardware doesn't matter, as you write.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
mmangelsdorf

Re: Missing VR menu after deinstalling Flyinside trial version

Post by mmangelsdorf »

Brilliant, thanks for your help Michael!
I've downloaded the client installer from the website (individual downloads section) and used the repair option of the installer. Seems to leave add-ons intact, too...