[RESOLVED] P3d v4.3 Stopping at Scenery Index Load

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Doc_Z

[RESOLVED] P3d v4.3 Stopping at Scenery Index Load

Post by Doc_Z »

After a week of problems that resulted in a reinstallation of my entire sim and add-ons, everything worked perfectly for several days. Now, for some reason, it stops at 17% when creating scenery file indexes. Nothing has changed in between working and not working. I don't understand why this should necessitate going through all the steps I went through five days ago again.
Poppet

Re: P3d v4.3 Stopping at Scenery Index Load

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

Sorry to see you are having these problems.

Can you narrow it down in any way as to what Add On might be causing this Issue ?

Are you using any non compatible Prepar3D v4 Add Ons ? Do you using the EMT Tool ? (Estonia Migration tool)

Are you using any Shader enhancement utilities ?

--------

Try this small step first

Navigate to the location below and Click and Move the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" out of this location and pop it onto your Desktop.

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

After this step launch Prepar3D and test, any different ?

Let us know how you get on
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

I deleted the generated files and it came back. If it was an add-on that was causing it, I don't understand why it would work for several days through the reinstallation of my add-ons and then for several days after that. Whatever. I do have another question, my dll.xml and exe.eml files were created inthe ProgramData folder. They were not in the AppData folder. I ran a couple of add-on airplanes (PMDG and A2A) and the exe.xml file was created in AppDAta, but not the dll.xml. I ran several others and it still wasn't there. Is there a way to create a new one?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

You can easily create another dll.xml file but you will still require the the PMDG entries for this file. The quickest way to resolve this is to uninstall & reinstall this PMDG Add On, This will return the needed entry for this file.
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

Would doing one PMDG plane work or do I have to uninstall all my addons and reinstall them?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

No, Only some Add Ons use the dll.xml file, The PMDG aircraft is one of these Add On, A2A Simulations do not.

Mostly Utility Add ons use the dll.xml file But by launching these utility Add on Control panels this will create the file again and configure the required entries.
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

Thanks. Seems to be working OK.