[RESOLVED] P3d v4.3 Will Not Start

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Poppet

Re: P3d v4.3 Will Not Start

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

What Add Ons do you have Installed ?
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

I have uninstalled. There are many things left in the core folder, mostly things put there by add-ons. There are also several files from the prior installation -- effets, sounds, fonts, simobjects, etc. Will they be overwritten by the new installation or do I have to uninstall the non-P3d stuff.

ORBX, other sceneries, aircraft, Actve sky, REX things.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

That's fine, These files and folders are from your Add On's. These are extra files and will not be Overwritten by the new Install.

Ensure you Install Prepar3D into this same folder

Orbx Scenery: After you reinstall Prepar3D, Launch it once and close Prepar3D down, Then launch the FTX Central control panel for 10 \ 15 seconds.

Please see the topic below for precautionary steps you can take after reinstalling Prepar3D INDEX 2

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5222 ... eshooting/

---

Active Sky: Just launch the AS control panel and follow the steps to verify the AS Install.

---

REX: Inject your Theme again, Or launch the REX Control panel

---

Other Scenery's: Any Scenery that's in the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in Documents will automatically launch with Prepar3D. Just click Yes to Enable these Add Ons

Scenery's that are launched from your Scenery.cfg file will need to be manually added back Or run the Add On Installer again

---

Aircraft: Should be fine but taken on a case by case bases
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

I have a procedure from Nick Cooper at ORBX that says I should create backups of the ORBX, scenery/word/scenery, effects and sounds folders and then copy them back into the P3d core folder.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Doc_Z

Yes this would also work, Just Move these files back into the relevant folders after the uninstall & reinstall process
Doc_Z

Post by Doc_Z »

Reinstall seems to have worked. Lost some aircraft, not major. RTMM scenery, FlightBeam, Latin VFR and a few others need to be reinstalled.