P3D Autogen. What is being done.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
markdoyle

Re: P3D Autogen. What is being done.

Post by markdoyle »

Well that sounds promising, thank you very much. Lets hope it is sooner rather then later.

Best

Mark
AnkH

Re: P3D Autogen. What is being done.

Post by AnkH »

Promising? It is just a contentless sentence to silence people down. The very same "answer" was given after the release of 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Never was "done" anything, after each version, people started the same story in the forums again. No, not promising, I bet that in v4.4 or whatever version is next, the autogen will be exactly the same.

For me, however, I can live with the "solution" by Rob Ainscough: simply use the internal frame limiter of P3D instead of anything else at a reasonable number (in my case: 30FPS). As such, in heavy areas, you can still see autogen loading late and in patches, but most of the time it is really far away from the plane and if the weather is not that good, you hardly notice it anymore.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home