Strange Rectangle when using Oculus Rift

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mangionesaverio

Strange Rectangle when using Oculus Rift

Post by mangionesaverio »

Hi everyone, recently I tried to use Prepar3D V4.3 with the VR and to my amazement now there's a white rectangle that I can not remove from the view. The strangest thing is that it is located right at the most crucial point of the cockpit, thus preventing me from having an optimal view. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to remove that funny rectangle? Thank you very much for any feedback you may provide me with.

Best

Saverio

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o59 ... wwgyqr.png
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Strange Rectangle when using Oculus Rift

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Saverio,

Are you seeing this in all vehicles? Is this appearing as a panel that you can right click and close?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

It's a known issue with some PMDG aircraft.
See the PMDG support forum. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5382 ... native-vr/
saveriomangione

Post by saveriomangione »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:29 pm Hi Saverio,

Are you seeing this in all vehicles? Is this appearing as a panel that you can right click and close?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob, this is happening with both MDG 747 qotsii and 737 NGX. When you first implemented the tab Virtual Reality with yopur last update the sim was working fine.

hope to read you back

Best

Saverio
Saverio Mangione

Windows 11 ~ P3D V5 ~ Intel Core i5 10600K @ 4.80GHz ~ 32GB RAM ~ Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 ~ PMDG 737NGXu, 747-400, 777 LR+ER, Aerosoft Professional A320/321/330 ~ Oculus Rift S
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Saverio,

I recommend contacting those developers. We have made continued updates to VR including the ability to use 2D panels while VR is active. There may need to be updates made to these aircraft to support this feature.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead