Brand new install PNW scenery issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
nojwod

Brand new install PNW scenery issue

Post by nojwod »

I've just installed P3DV4.3.29.25520 as a fresh virgin install trying to resolve scenery issues in PNW area.

If I fly from 3W5 Concrete to 1S2 Darrington I get weird graphic flashes and ghost mesh surfaces as I fly along over the mountains in a direct line. So my suspicion is that there is a fundamental problem in this area. It's as though there is a set of coding fighting with the mesh in this area.

An example of the type of graphic flashing I'm seeing is in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m1JyQQGIA

(Note this video was made from my previous install before I uninstalled it, but the issue remains the same).

Whether this strange behaviour is the root cause of problems with the ORBX Darrington airport that does not display if a flight is started in the area and Darrington is the destination I don't know but I don't think I should be seeing this in the virgin install of the sim before any add-ons are installed.
Mike Sierra

Re: Brand new install PNW scenery issue

Post by Mike Sierra »

Hi nojwod,

In most cases it's not a P3D issue, but an issue of the add-on.
This kind of oddity with FTX sceneries is very often solved by re-installing the OrbX libraries.
There has been a library update recently, so installing this should be the solution.
If you've already got the lastest library version, you will need a re-installation: Look up the folder 'documents' under P3D-root\ORBX, look up the file OrbXLibrary.txt (or similar, you will recognize the correct one, no fear), delete this file - or, for safety reasons, simply rename its extension - and re-run FTX central. It will then ask for the re-installation.

Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
nojwod

Post by nojwod »

No this is in the P3DV4.3 virgin install no add-ons straight out of the install routine.

No ORBX scenery or anything else installed just pure P3DV4.3.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

We're not seeing this issue in-house. Did you delete your generated files (as outlined in step 5 of the link below)?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
nojwod

Post by nojwod »

Yes I did thanks.

One thing to note is that the spurious graphics etc are hard to find. It's possible to fly the route several times without encountering them. However, when I go into slew mode and track backwards on the route, they seem to be the most pronounced.Also if I take off from Concrete and head fairly low (maybe 300-400' agl) across the loop in the river and continue along the flat valley floor, I sometimes get near vertical false mountainsides flashing past.

To reiterate, the install was done into a brand new folder, and the sim was started but did not load, so I then used the delete generated files exe, so it should have been a virgin out of the box experience.

Next time I investigate I will switch on the flight recorder, so that if I do see the artifacts you can check the exact same flight in your sim.